I grab my gloves and boots before grabbing Kyra's hand as I pull her outside, skipping along the way to the field. We both wave high to the camera people and get into Jonas's huddle.

I go with the goalkeepers and coaches working on various drills to improve my reaction time. That continues for about 30 minutes until we join the full team to run a light scrimmage. I'm on a team with Manu so we switch in and out. The scrimmage goes smoothly, I manage to keep a clean sheet.

After training we make our way back inside the training grounds where various stations are set up with green screens and cameras. One of the social media team members comes up to me to inform me that I'm filming a "Who Knows Who Best" with the one and only Katie McCabe.

We sit down on the sofa that is set up and grab our whiteboards. We are told how this is going to go and the camera starts rolling.

"I'm Katie McCabe"

"And I'm Evelyn Garcia, and this is Who Knows Who Best"

From behind the camera the media person asks us our first question. "Katie, the amount of caps that Evelyn has for the USWNT"

I start writing down the correct number, in my 3 years of playing for the national team I had managed to rack up 41 caps for my country.

Katie flips her board over revealing the number 39.

"You forgot the 2 I played last week" I laugh at her

Katie starts to get upset trying to get at least half a point.

The admin says no before moving on to the next question.

"Evelyn, what year did Katie debut for Arsenal"

I knew this answer so I wrote it down on my board, flipping it over. I had the correct year of 2015.

The questions continued on, both of us neck and neck, we were highly competitive with each other so we kept bickering after every question.

"Okay Katie, who would Evelyn consider her best friend on the team"

"Oh this one is so easy" she says smirking down at the white board at her answer.

We both flip the boards over revealing Kyra's name.

"Those two are inseparable" the Irish girl says to the camera

"It's easy when we are both new this season, and being in an entirely new country, we get to explore England together"

From behind the camera the admin signals us to end off the video,

"Well this was Who Knows Who Best, i'm the winner though" I say to the camera.

We start walking back to the group of girls sitting on the turf inside the training facility.

"I can't believe you friendzoned Kyra like that" Katie jokingly whispers, trying not to let the rest of the girls hear.

"I can't friendzone someone if we aren't a thing" I say annoyed before sitting down with the group of people not busy with media duties.

After scrolling through instagram another admin comes over to us wanting to film a Tiktok.

I spring from my seat, not being very shy when it comes to filming Tiktoks. I grab the tiny mic.

"Okay Evie, what's your favorite Taylor Swift song?"

Hearing the singer's name makes me excited. "Okay wait I need some time to think, there's just so many good ones I don't know if I'm able to pick just one. Can I do my top 3? Wait, that's still really hard, can I do the top 3 from my to 3 albums?"

Most people know I love the blonde singer. I went to both of her shows in Metlife, having posted it all over my social media.

"Okay so, the top 3 albums I would have to say are Folklore, Speak Now and 1989. From Folklore it would have to be My Tears Ricochet, Illicit Affairs and this is me trying. That album is insanely hard to choose. I love them all. From Speak Now, I would have to say, holy crap this is hard too, all her music is so good. Probably The Story of Us, Superman, Long Live, wait but also Never Grow Up. It's okay 4 from that album.

From behind the camera I can hear all the girls laughing, I don't think any of them knew I loved Taylor this much.

"Okay from 1989 I would have to say, obviously have to include the new vault tracks that came out a few days ago, probably Is It Over Now, Clean and Suburban Legends."

The social media admin stopped the camera, "Wow Evelyn we were supposed to ask a bunch of people but I think you answered enough for everybody." they say laughing behind the camera

"Sorry about that" I say shyfully

By now many people had left the circle I was sat in before, now remaining just Katie

"How nice of you to wait for me"

"Actually I'm waiting for Caitlin, she's in an interview with Kyra" she says, "you should wait with me" giving me a gentle nudge.

Before I can say anything else about how me and Kyra drove here together the two Australians walked out of the room they were interviewing in.

"Oh hey Evie" the older aussie says, "do you two want to come with us to this little italian place tonight" signaling to me and Kyra now shoulders length apart.

I turn to the shorter girl waiting till she answers

She turns up to look at me, "That sounds fun, if you want to go Evie"

I nod, "What time?" I ask the other pair in front of us

"Probably around 6 ish, gives us a few hours to relax and get ready"

We part our ways, and I head to Kyra's car.

I turn the music on the playlist I had made for our car rides. A mix of my music as well as hers. We sit in relative silence besides the soft music playing from the speakers. Phoebe Bridger's voice gently calms the car.

She pulls up to my apartment, the music singing softly in the background. The sun's still shining bright on the houses and cars that line my street.

"Bye KyKy" I say as I lean over the center console to give her a hug, she smells sweet. I nuzzle my head into her shoulder not wanting to let go of her.

"Bye Ev, I'll see you later" she says looking up at me blushing.

I grab my bags from the boot of the car. My apartment is on the 3rd floor of the complex so I head into the elevator.

I finally make it back to my apartment, throw my bags onto the floor and head to the kitchen to make myself something to snack on.

As I'm rummaging through the fridge I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see an out of breath Kyra.

"Hi Ky, are you alright it looks like you just sprinted up the stairs"

"I did" she says still struggling to catch her breath "I just needed to talk to you and I don't think I can hide it anymore"

Just as I'm about to say anything she puts her hands on my face and kisses me, our bodies become closer together.

She pulls away, "Shit Ev, I'm really sorry I shouldn't have done that" she goes to turn away.

"Kyra don't be sorry, I didn't mind that, and I would especially wouldn't mind if we did it again" I say before kissing her again just outside my door.

We both pull away, "I'll see you later Ev" she smiles again, her entire face bright red. 

——

Hii everyone! I'm really sorry for the 3 month wait for this next chapter school has been kicking my ass recently. Hopefully this longer chapter can make up for the wait. I should be updating a little more!

Also thank you so much for 10k reads, votes and the comments