𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗

Start from the beginning

You didn't know why you let him in, it might've been the fact that he's Solaire and his kindness doesn't mean you any harm, hopefully. Your social anxiety is sending warning signals in your brain in protest but you kept yourself composed.

"Oh my, what a wonderful home you have!" He exclaims, making you smile a little. "It's very spacious, this must cost a fortune!"

"Yeah, uh, I actually inherited it from my grandparents." You explain as he turns to you.

You weren't sure if this is some sort of prank your relatives are pulling, or if this is the real deal. Perhaps it's just some cosplayer who's nailing the character really, really well. Either way, you have no idea what to expect.

"Oh, were they rich?" The Solaire look-alike asked. "They must've been if they owned a place like this."

"I think so, I visited them a lot when I was very young, not so much when I was a teenager though." You reply, scratching the back of your neck slightly.

Then you hear your stomach growling, making you curse silently.

"Uhm, I have yet to eat dinner, would you care to join me?" You asked shyly. "If you haven't eaten, that is."

He seems to process your question before actually giving an answer.

"Oh, of course, it's been some time since I've eaten." He replies, giving a small nod.

"Okay, um, follow me, the kitchen is this way." You spoke, and turned around.

You walk towards where the kitchen is located and hear footsteps behind you, confirming that he was following you. On the way to the kitchen, you see the long dining table come into view; you sometimes forget it sits at least 24 people.

"I normally sit on the end here," you explain, pointing to where you usually sit. "So if you want to sit near my chair while I cook, that's fine."

"Alright, I'll wait here." He says, taking a seat on the right side of your chair.

You give a small smile before rushing into the kitchen to quickly get started on cooking. You grabbed a nearby cookbook and flipped through the pages, wondering what your unexpected guest would enjoy. You didn't bother asking what he preferred but hoped he would enjoy what you picked; you decided on cooking Salisbury steak with a side of sliced potatoes.

You put on your apron then grab all the necessary ingredients to cook such a dish, taking out a pan and spatula after doing so. You took out a small bowl and tossed in the ground beef along with diced onion, seasoning, and a couple of sauces then mixed it all together with your hands, somewhat grimacing at the feeling. Eventually, everything was mixed together and you removed your hands from the bowl to quickly rinse your hands off.

It took forever but damn, you enjoyed doing it.

You took out a separate pot and set it on the stove along with the pan, turning on the burners after doing so. You grabbed the can of French onion soup then opened it and poured it into the pot, discarding the can. You added sliced mushrooms and a cup of flour to the soup and mixed it until there were little to no bubbles, making sure to set the temp to low. Next, you grabbed the bowl of the almost forgotten meat and took out a small chunk, forming it until it looked like a patty.

You were thankful to not have made so much meat, only making enough for you and your guest.

You used the rest of the meat to form another patty and placed both of them aside, quickly pouring a bit of oil into the pan. You grabbed the patties then placed them on the pan, stepping back as soon as you heard a sizzle. You hastily rinsed your hands again before returning to the stove, flipping over the meat once one side was brown. After checking that both meat patties were brown, you lowered the heat and took the pot the gravy was in, slowly pouring it over the meat. You turned off the unused burner and placed the pot in the sink, eager to get started on the potatoes as the meat finishes cooking.