18. Support Harry Potter party

Mulai dari awal

Hagrid faltered. "I'll provide the drinks."

*****

That Saturday after we were all counted and told to head back to our dorms, the real fun began. We began sneaking out of the castle in groups of three at a time; and when I finally ran down the grounds with Hollie and Cole, I was greeted by a wonderful sight.

Hagrid's hut was covered in red and gold banners, many with Harry's face and lightning bolts on. Fairy lights were strung across the door, making the whole hut glow with an amazing energy.

"Gennie would have loved this," Cole said quietly, rubbing at the engagement ring on his left hand. "I just want her back."

"If she's not out by Christmas we'll organise a rescue mission, eh?" I said, half-joking, half not. I missed Gennie so much it hurt, sometimes I'd wake up in the morning and turn to her bed thinking she was there but find my heart sink when I remembered she was gone.

"Yeah," Cole said, a smile playing on his lips. "If anybody could organise a break out of Azkaban it'd be us."

"Can I come?" Hollie asked excitedly.

"No!" Cole and I said together as we pushed the door open and slipped inside the hut.

The inside of the hut was possibly better than outside. Most of Hagrid's furniture had been moved to allow more people inside, and while almost every spot was crammed in by DA members a buzzing euphoria was in the hut.

Nearly everybody had a drink and were making toasts under large banners of Harry, which included pictures of philosopher stones, baslisk fangs, dragons and mermaids—and an artsy creation of Harry kicking Voldemort into a rubbish bin.

"You three made it!" Hagrid roared after we shut the door, and after I hooked off my necklace he brought the three of us into a huge bear hug.

"Good turn out," Cole said, taking a firewhisky from a table.

"Brilliant idea, girls," Hagrid beamed. He looked slightly drunk with excitement. "Best 'oment of the year!"

Taking a firewhisky from the table I wandered around the hut greeting people and listening to stories about my brother until I found the person I was looking for, who was sat on a chair looking amused by the amount of stories being spread.

"Hello there, boyfriend." I said coyly, sitting on Draco's lap, giving him a quick kiss.

"Hello there, girlfriend," he smiled, winding an arm around my waist. "This is possibly the best party I've ever been to."

"Oh come on, the Yule Ball was pretty fun when we had a total cliché moment in the snow." I giggled. "And you accused me of being in love with two of my friends."

"It might have been cute, but it was freezing, I wish we had our first kiss somewhere warmer." Draco said. "Like a tropical island or the lake."

"Shut up, you whining idiot." I giggled, kissing him again. Looking at him, I saw his eyes looked brighter, the bags under his eyes less prominent. "You look happier."

"I've never been so happy in my life," he whispered, leaving a small kiss on the side of my neck. "I'm finally the person I wanted to be."

"Who would have thought five years ago you'd be at a Harry Potter party and being head over heels in love with his sister?" I teased.

"You wish," he snorted, and I smacked his arm. "I don't own heels."

"But I already got you a pair for Christmas!"

"Shut up," he pouted, and giggling the two of us kissed again.

The next hour and a half was spent with stories told about Harry and stupid conspiracy theories about where he was (the best one was that he was trying to become an electronic DJ to destroy Voldemort with some sick tunes). Several people ended up drunk, including Camille who kept giggling and falling on the floor.