While she admired a portrait drawn while witnessing the remarkable sight of the wings of the butterfly being free from the cocoon and preparing itself to embark on a new phase of its life, a thought struck her - just like how magical and mysterious her entry was inside this world, to the same extent the hobbies of the character went hands in hands with hers. This made her wonder whether this unloved character of her childhood had so much in common with her all along or if it was as such because this was now her life.

There were several questions but none could be answered. 

She continued going through the collection of drawings while sipping on the tea when a knock at the door captured her attention. She got up and hurriedly placed everything back in its place, tamed the creases on her gown and her hair, and stood near the window. 

"Do come in." She announced, clearing her clothes and regaining a proper hold on her breathing. 

She noticed from her peripheral vision that her maids were the ones who entered the room. 

"What brought you both here?" 

"My Lady, in a few more hours it would be the time for you to depart for the party. It would be better if you started to get ready right away." 

"Thanks for informing me, I did forget about the event," Eliza said and shot them a grin, only to learn they were utterly confused by her actions - seems like it wasn't as often as she expected it to be. 

...

One thing was common about every reincarnation story she had come across - the bath experience was said to be pure magical and of utmost delight, and the time had proven it right. She wished to stay immersed in the bath for a few more hours, but that was not the case. She had to get prepared and prettied up for the event. 

Releasing a sigh, reminiscing about the magical experience, she sat in front of the mirror, dressed in a bathrobe and allowing one of the maids to dry her hair - they were black like earlier, just now a lot more inches longer. 

The other maid was busy applying some cream on her hands and legs - she had noticed her appearance, her skin was softer than earlier, and her body slightly more petite. 

Once done with her makeup and her hair made - she was wrapped inside her Midnight blue evening gown. Now, the task was - how to balance herself and walk perfectly with these. 

She stood up, admiring her appearance in the mirror. She smiled a little more when he heard the murmurs of her maid appreciating her looks. 

"Thanks to both of you," Eliza said and shot them with a soft smile. 

"My Lady...?" They both were startled by her comment.

"If it was not for you, I would not be looking great as such." 

She asked to be excused and left alone. In her isolation without anyone to interrupt her, she practised her walk and was so impressed by herself that she had dodged every chance of fall. 

The clock got her attention, only a few minutes were left, and if her sister was right, her mother would make meat skewers out of her flesh if she didn't find her present in the hall. 

She walked out of the room, her gown slightly raised to her ankle to prevent a fall, and once took a huge breath as well as calmed down the waves of excitement that were rushing throughout her body, she stood still observing her mother commanding something to the maids and her sister's eyes glued at her as if she had seen something out of reality. 

'Why is she behaving like an owl?' 

"Eliza, you are on time. Good thing, we will start for the event." Her mother announced and walked out, not even a word of appreciation - now that's something mother material, the first thought of hers. Her mother would have given her whatever she wanted if she dressed as such for her.