"Bas, chal raha hai." Farjaad turned, seeing if there was anyone entering in the living room. This would open another issue, the questions about who this new colleague of his was, and why he more so causal with her. To his own misfortune, his family knew his how his behaviour at work was. Seeing it be different would only raise concerns.

"Wo... mene socha ke ab kaam bhi saat karte hain, colleagues bhi hain, tou poochna tou banta hai." Umeed hesitated, walking over to her window to look out.

She desperately needed an excuse, and after thorough thinking this is what she resorted to.

"Colleagues." Farjaad repeated out loud, a dim smile on his face, nodding his head. This was how they were doing to do this. "Haan, banta tou hai. Ab is hi taaluq ke baqaul mujhe aap se bhi poochna chahye ke aap ka kya haal hai?" He played along.

Umeed rolled her eyes, smiling at his smug tone. She played with the ends of her hair, the sudden comfort very sedating.

"Theek hun mein, bas idhar udhar busy hun liken, chal raha hai." An understatement. An utter and total understatement of how her past few days had been. She was missing him, and it was ruining her day-to-day peace. "Coco se mili aaj."

Farjaad's eyes lit up, the mix of surprise and delight viable on his face. He'd been calling Yusuf every morning and demanding him to show Coco, following it up by a serious of question to ensure his wellbeing and that he was 'mentally' okay.

It was bizarre for Yusuf to to have to listen to his friend telling him that conversation with the cat is important.

But how did Umeed meet him?

"Hain!" He smiled. "How is he?"

"I don't want you feeling threatened... liken I think wo mujhse zyada pyaar karta hai." Umeed teased, the playfulness evident in her tone, but part of her genuinely believed it.

She never liked cats, yet this one was a complete exception. She spent the whole evening cuddling him, and Coco, reciprocated it as much, licking her knuckles, purring in Umeed's lap and just being stuck to her as if she was his material figure.

"Never, nonsense." Farjaad shook his head, not believing her at all. Coco was a very reserved and placid cat. He didn't even give Farjaad as much attention, just occasional cuddles when he felt extremely loving. Other than that he had an attitude, and Farjaad found it impossible that his cat got along with someone else so easily on just the second meeting.

But Umeed thought he was playing and along and joking, so she didn't add to it any further.

"Yusuf ne aaj kaha dinner saat mein karte hain." She added, answering the question in his head. The outcome of her friend's situation bounded her to getting to know Yusuf, which she didn't mind at all. He was a character, and she was fond of him.

And it gave her the opportunity to do the security check in order to approve of him, which was a success. He had humour and cooking skills, Umeed was on board.

"Chalo, mere aane se koi tou faida hoye ga. You won't be the only third wheel." Farjaad joked, Umeed biting her lip at the mention of him coming back.

How would things be once he came back?

Would they see one another more often? Would Yusuf and Saveira have them in the same place? They still think that Farjaad and Umeed cannot stand one another, so that is very unlikely. But the thought made her feel butterflies in her stomach.

"I don't think it works like that. But haan, valentines day ki baat shuroo kar di, mein tou uske beanbag part Coco ke saat busy thi." She recalled the random conversation, and how she was completely blanked out from it and focused on the cat. "Tum bhi... uske kareeb hi aa rahe ho na?" She hesitated when asking that question. "Mera matlab... fourteenth ko two weeks ho jayein ge. And you did say..." She gulped.