2. Unexpected Romance

"Please, Arthit. You're my only hope." Pareen pleaded with heavy sigh as he gazed up at Arthit intently.

"Pareen, I understand that you need help, but your request is unreasonable. Are you aware of that?"

As Pareen sat with a dejected expression and teary eyes, Arthit couldn't help but sigh internally. This was a familiar tactic for Pareen, one that he knew would tug at Arthit's heartstrings. Having been friends since high school, Pareen knew exactly how to manipulate Arthit's emotions.

Usually, Arthit would finally give in to whatever Pareen's request. But not today. Arthit had no intention to give in. Not because he didn't want to help. But this time, Pareen's request was the most ridiculous request he ever heard.

So, he collected his bag and was about to stood up from his chair when Pareen caught his hand. He held onto Arthit's hand as if his life depended on it.

"I can't help you this time, Pareen. Why can't you just tell your parents that you will not go to the blind date? Don't you already have a boyfriend? Why don't you just introduce him to your parents?"

Pareen whined, "I can't introduce Prince yet. We're just dating for couple of months. I don't want to rush things between us. If I introduce Prince to my parents now...what will Prince think? He would think that I'm forcing him in our relationship."

Arthit titled his head, "Are you not sure about your relationship? I mean...if he serious with you, shouldn't he have expected this? Meeting the parents is a normal thing between lovers...you know."

Pareen shook Arthit hand, "He's serious but we still think it's not the right time yet. I really need your help. Only this time, Arthit. Please...."

"Pareen, it's ridiculous to ask me to replace you to go to the blind date. I have boyfriend too. What if he misunderstood?"

"I know~ I'll help to explain to him." Pareen raised his index finger in front of Arthit face, "just this once. I promise you, only this one. After this, I will talk to my parents. Please Arthit. You're my best friend. You're the only one I can ask for help. Please..."

"Why not doing it in simple way? Just...don't show up at all. Why should you ask me to replace you?"

"If I'm not showing up, he would surely complain to his parents. And his parents would complain to my parents. If my parents know it, they will surely punish me. And it might affect Prince and me. I don't want something happens in our relationship. I really want to make our relationship works. That's why, I need your help to replace me. I just don't want him to tell my parents."

Arthit let out a long sigh, knowing that his heart has weaken. He scolded himself for being weak in front of his best friend.

"Fine. Just this once. But I will not go there as your replacement. I won't lie to that person. I'll just speak to him for you."

"Really, Arthit? I'm fine with it. You can tell him anything as long as he won't tell my parents."

"I won't help you with this kind of favour again in the future, do you understand?"

Pareen nodded enthusiastically and pulled his best friend into a hug, thanking him for his generous heart.

֎֎֎֎֎

Arthit arrived earlier from the appointed meeting time at the restaurant where Pareen and his blind date supposed to meet. It was one of luxurious restaurants in Bangkok. Judging from the appointment place alone, Arthit knew that the person he was about to meet was not a person with an ordinary background.

It was expected from Pareen. He actually came from a well-off family. His parents own a business, but Pareen refuses to join the company immediately after his graduation. He opted to apply for a job as finance staff in the magazine company where Arthit also works as a layout designer. He was lucky because his parents agreed to let their son gain more experience outside.