"When's Ollie getting here anyway?"

"Like 7," Jak responded.

"It's gonna kill him tomorrow,"

"Yeah I know," He laughed.

Jak attention suddenly drifted to some behind them, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"What?" June said, turning around.

"Is that Max?"

"Verstappen?"

"What other Max would we know?"

June searched around for a second before spotting him.

"Isn't he like, kinda your teammate?"

"Kinda, I don't know."

"Have you met him?"

"Like once, I didn't really talk to him, or Checo." She admitted.

She had seen them once at a preseason event, she didn't talk to any of them. She just thought that they wouldn't want to talk to her.

"You gotta start talking to your team, you're stuck with them this year."

"Yeah I know, anyway about my birthday where would we go?" She said, trying to change the subject.

"Wherever you wanted,"

"A beach?" She asked.

"If that's what you want, then sure." Jak agreed.

"Yup!"

Jak had never taken June anywhere, her dad always said no to both him and Ollie about letting her go with them on family vacation. He just hoped maybe he'd finally let her do something, and something that she chose to do.

"Juni, do you have a ride to the track tmr?"

"Maybe my dad, I don't really know."

"I'll take you with me if you want, you'll get there a little early but you can just chill."

"Yeah, that be perfect, thanks Jakie,"

"Anytime Juni,"
———
June liked hanging out with Jak, it felt like the one time she could just chill. It was always hard to return back home, she hated it, she wanted nothing more than to just stay with Jak. She tried to take in everything even on the car ride to the hotel, her eyes drifted around taking in all the sights of Bahrain.

As they pulled up to the hotel she felt a small pit in her stomach.

"You okay Juni?"

"Yeah, I'm good." She said while giving Jak a smile, trying to not make him worry.

"Are you going back to bed once you get to the room?

"Yeah definitely," She said, nodding.

Jak put his arm around her, leading her into the hotel. He gave her a quick hug once they got to her door.

"Night Junbug,"

"Night Jakie, I love you."

"I love you too."

She knocked at the door, her dad opened it almost immediately. She rushed inside, quickly waving Jak goodbye.

"You were gone for a while," Her dad said.

"Sorry, I didn't think you wanted me back by a certain time."

"I shouldn't have to tell you, you should know yourself. It's not my testing tomorrow, so why should I care?"

"I'm really sorry I'll be back early next time."

"You can apologize on the track by not embarrassing me."