decision making - chapter 1

Third person

The 2022 season was nearing an end and for young Oscar Piastri, A reserve driver for Alpine and that meant a very tough decision was coming his way. You see around a weeks ago at the France GP he was was approached by none other than the CEO of Mclaren F1 team, Zak Brown. Oscar was peacefully doing about his media duties when he was approached. Zak insisted they go into the Mclaren office and have a hush dissuasion which led to him asking if Oscar would like to drive for them in 2023 season seeing as Daniels contract has come to an abrupt end. Oscar was in shock, not knowing how to answer he asked Zak to let him think and he agreed but Oscar only had until till the next GP weekend to make his decision otherwise Mclaren would be looking for another driver.

Oscar POV

It was now the Hungary GP and I had made my mind up about who I was going to drive for in the 2023 season, see I was offered a seat at Alpine after Fernando made a sudden jump to Aston Martin but then Mclaren was thrown into the mix aswell which was a blessing in disguise if i'm honest. Alpine had been mostly good apart from being yelled at a few times from Otmar for no reason other then I was a minute late to a meeting I didn't even know I needed to attend or accidentally being in the way. Now a week later I had found Zak In the paddock and asked if I could speak to him in his office at the paddock and i've never seen him grin wider. 

30 minutes later and I was now officially a driver for Mclaren in 2023 and I have never been happier, I got to drive for an amazing team and I also got to have Lando Norris as my teammate, someone who I've always seen in the paddock and someone I thought was kinda cute...Wait no i'm not gay I cant think about him like that I've never even met the bloke. This is gonna be a long few months keeping this big of a secret