𝟎𝟏𝟒. revenge

Start from the beginning

       Just then, the doorbell rang, drawing Clementine's attention away. As she opened the door, a phone was shoved in her face. Clementine blinked, taking in the message displayed on the screen: "HAWK TOOK THE MONEY!" The words ignited a surge of anger within her, and she gritted her teeth in frustration.

      "What a jerk! I told you not to put your trust in him. He's a real piece of work, Ali," she snapped at Alison, who withdrew her phone and tucked it into her jean jacket, crossing her arms defensively.

        Alison frowned, her tone softening slightly. "This isn't why I'm here... I just wanted to give you a heads-up and make sure you don't do anything rash, okay? I know you, and please, promise me you won't try anything to get that money back," she urged, her eyebrows raised in concern. With that, she turned on her heels and made her way back to her house next door.

       Clementine stood there, stunned into silence, the sound of her brother's laughter echoing from the living room. Frustration boiling inside her, she slammed the front door shut, grabbed a pillow from the couch, and hurled it at her brother's face before storming upstairs.

       Once she reached her room, Clementine retrieved her phone and tapped on Demetri's message. With a determined expression, she composed a reply instructing Demetri to meet her at the park. She advised him to park his car a block away and locate hers upon arrival.

Clementine was concealed in her car, thankful for the tinted windows that offered her cover. She had arranged to meet Hawk at the park, and he had confirmed his presence. As she waited, she noticed Demetri approaching her car. With a silent gesture, she signaled for him to keep quiet as he climbed into the car.

"What's happening?" Demetri whispered, his eyes widening as he spotted a plastic bag containing pepper spray and a smoke bomb. He turned to Clementine, his expression filled with concern. "Seriously, Clementine, what's going on?"

Clementine smirked at him, her eyes glinting with determination. "Demetri, I need your help getting revenge on Hawk," she revealed, causing Demetri's eyes to widen further in disbelief. "What?" he exclaimed.

"He stole the money we raised! I'm getting payback, especially since he flirted with my best friend. That's criminal! You're going to be my getaway driver," she explained swiftly. Before Demetri could respond, she spotted Hawk and quickly patted his shoulder before darting out of the car, grabbing the bag of supplies on her way.

Clementine maintained a low profile as she stealthily approached Hawk. Fortunately, he was alone, which worked to her advantage. With quiet determination, she scaled a nearby tree, ensuring her movements were silent as she reached a sturdy branch and settled onto it. Letting out a sharp whistle, she caught Hawk's attention, prompting him to turn towards the sound.

Without hesitation, Clementine launched herself from the branch, aiming to land on top of Hawk. He let out a startled yell as she collided with him, causing him to stumble backward. "What the hell, Clementine! I was on my way to give Miguel the money!" he protested as she smirked, disentangling herself and rising to her feet.

Facing Hawk, Clementine assumed a fighting stance, her eyes gleaming with determination. "You're here for the money, aren't you?" Hawk groaned, recognizing her intentions. She nodded affirmatively. "Whoever wins gets the money and gives it to Miguel," she declared.

Hawk shrugged, adopting his own fighting stance. Clementine smirked confidently, spinning around and delivering a swift kick to his stomach. He stumbled backward, clutching his chest. "Damn, your boots hurt!" he remarked, to which she rolled her eyes. "What, are you a pussy?" she taunted.