The librarian raised an eyebrow at the little girl carrying the books, odd ones at that, but didn't say anything.
Young, aspiring Shinobi minds were needed in this village after all.
"Come again!"
She called, waving Aki out of the store with a small smile.

Aki huffed, having walked around the village for two hours now, just trying to find Sakura. For a girl with pink hair, she sure was hard to find.
She passed by a Dango shop, the smell making her nose twitch in curiosity but she continued to chug along, briefly glancing through the window-

She paused. Backing up a few steps and looking again.
There was Sakura! Finally!
She thought happily, entering the store and plopping down in the booth Sakura was in, putting her bag of books on the table as she did so.

Sakura blinked, before swallowing whatever sweet food she had taken a bite out of. "Hi to you, too. What's with the bag?"

She asked, poking it with a skewer and Aki gestured for her to look into it, finger spelling 'p-o-i-s-o-n," and then pointing at Sakura. Sakura just raised a brow and took another bite out of her Dango.

Aki sighed and just took the books out, leaving the one she wanted in the bag and giving the other three to Sakura.
She gestured to them and huffed, looking at Sakura pointedly.

Her eyes lit up and she smiled, taking the three books happily and squealing, "Aki! You didn't have to get me books! Thank you so much!" Sakura practically jumped over the table to wrap her arms around the little red head.
Aki flinched but smiled, returning the hug hesitantly.
"Thank you, thank you!"
Sakura chirped again, slightly lower now that she was right next to Aki,
"But... Why poison?"
She asked, leaning back slightly and keeping her hands on Aki's shoulders.

Aki shrugged, "p-o-i-s-i-o-n is good combat." she signed, letting Sakura fill in the gaps as Aki waited patiently.

"Oh! You think I should include poison when I fight?"
Aki nodded, a shy smile on her face. At least Sakura liked the books.

Sakura clapped her hands softly, a grin stretching her mouth so wide it looked like it would separate the two halves of her face. The strong scent of happiness, thank you, made Aki dizzy. "Aw, thank you so much Aki! I'll definitely look into it! I have been thinking my fighting is a little bland compared to the boys. Or even you, or that Pig. No offence,"
Aki flapped her hand and shook her head. None taken.

<->

Aki liked Sakura. Simple as that.
Sakura was her first friend in the village, ever. If they were friends... Aki hoped they were. Sakura was pretty nice to her and she always managed to keep her voice down when the boys weren't around.

She also helped Aki with Chakra control. Which is what they were doing now. The boys were still working on water walking, while Kakashi had the girls getting used to switching surfaces while vertical or upside down.

And what better way to do that then tag?

Aki huffed, jumping from one wall to the next, reaching out and slapping Sakura's back. Sakura stumbled and yelped, Aki winced, a mumbled and signed apology was given.
Before Aki turned around and ran away from Sakura, who giggled and ran to catch up.

Kakashi kept watch over them -the actual Kakashi, a shadow clone was with the boys- and Aki could hear the soft chuckle of amusement from where he was crouched on a roof.

They continued playing tag, which had eventually developed into a game of cat and mouse, and wrestling each other on the side of a business establishment.
Kakashi sighed and shook his head, poofing beside them and scruffing the two, pulling them apart from each other like they were puppies.

They were sweaty and dusty and Aki was pink in the cheeks, but they both smiled up at him guiltily.
"Hi, Kaka-sensei!"
Sakura chirped, rubbing the back of her head and Kakashi clicked his tongue, shaking his head.

"Honestly, you two."
He muttered and Sakura looked down and Aki tried to kick her- her legs were too short. Damn her height.- and wasn't all that fussed. She knew he was amused and just trying to seem disappointed.
"If you two want to fight, then go to a training ground. Better yet, go find a lake or river."
They both lit up and Sakura kicked Aki back, making contact. Aki pouted.

"Alright, Kaka-sensei!"
Kakashi huffed and released them.
Sakura yelped, landing on her side as Aki landed in a crouch.
"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Move along you two! Wouldn't want two of my precious genin's causing a ruckus in town, would we?"

He commanded more so than asked and Sakura rolled her eyes, already standing up.

Aki shook the dust from her clothes, before sneakily tapping Sakura's shoulder and running off.
"Hey!"
The sound of footsteps echoed behind her and Aki breathed out a silent laugh as she sped up.

Sakura was a good friend.