Hesitantly, she got off of the sofa and walked to the little corridor, the noise getting louder and she got closer to the door. This had to be his room, its where he locked the cat.

Umeed gulped, pushing the door handle and opening it only slightly.

Coco's head popped out, Umeed took in a sharp breath. Her heartbreak was racing loudly, her fingers trembling.

"Kasam se agar hamla kiya mene aesi laat marni hai tum yaad rakho ge." She threatened him.

Coco looked up to her, meowing and slipping through the door. Umeed squealed, squeezing her eyes shut and hugging herself tightly as she stumbled back to the wall, praying that the little grey Persian spared her life.

She did not feel any scratches or growls. Instead, she felt soft ticklish touches on her ankle.

Umeed looked down, slowly opening her eyes. Coco rubbed his back against her, softly moving back and forth a few times before walking towards the living. After a few steps he stopped and turned back to Umeed, letting out a meow.

"Mein?" Umeed pointed to herself, dumbfounded by what the cat was trying to say. Coco meowed and Umeed cluelessly nodded. "Haan... aa gayi."

"He's an exception. Ye acha hai." Umeed scratched his back, watching him sleep peacefully. Even his fur felt cold. "Thand ho rahi hai."

"Haan wo, light nahi hai. Ab UPS kaam kar raha hai but the AC isn't connected to it, ajeeb hi maslay hain." Farjaad sighed shook his head. "Tum wo pehn lo abhi ke liye." He pointed to his hoodie that he offered her last night.

For some reason, it was still awkward, for both of them. Umeed was already immersed by the shirt on her, and the hoodie was only going to add to it.

The trousers were a safe bet, they seemed to be his workout legging which she wore as pants. It was overwhelming once she saw her own state, fully dressed in his attire.

"Haan."

-

"Aaj orders finalise kar lein? Tumhara wo banda kab aaye ga?" Umeed asked once she gulped down the final bite. Breakfast was steady and peaceful. Farjaad had put on good morning Britain, which Umeed found a little comical, but did not comment on it.

His cooking was indeed impressive. Nothing special is required to make an omelette, but Umeed still appreciated the precision and effort. It was a well-made omelette, and Umeed was not a fan of eggs.

"Anthony? Aaj hi bula lete hain usko. In fact hum pehle wo rent supplies waale suppliers ke paas chalte hain, we'll see the tables and chairs for the setting. Phir uske baad lunch ke waqt lets chat with Anthony, usko betha kar sab kuch samjha dein ge." Farjaad thought of it thoroughly. It was the third week of January, things were starting to get into place but they still had a lot to do.

The only remaining thing was checking the other halls, contacting the other wedding planners to coordinate on dates and finalising all the events. Umeed had a little more on her plate due to the pre-wedding events, but it was bound to be distributed to both of them since Farjaad had to manage the capacity calculations and costing processes anyway.

"Haan..." She stretched a little, Farjaad's throat going dry for no valid reason. He reached out for the water. "Is ke baad mein ghar jaati hun, wahan ke halaat dekhti hun. Then we'll get everything else done in the afternoon." Umeed stood up and Farjaad quickly chugged his glass of water. "I'll go freshen up. Tumhare paas-"

"Top drawer mein theres packed toothbrushes and toothpaste." He answered abruptly, making Umeed's eyes widen slightly and her lip curve. He got the message.