9 • Let It Snow! ☃️

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" CJ shouts, "no one is answering my question! What is snorting and why would you do it with soda? Can you do it with candy?"

Gracie and Dodger watch the snow fall from the large window we had in our living room, large clumps of snow fall from the sky and literally cover every surface inch around us, even miles around us.

A thick white blanket covers our driveway, and the street we live on.

"Rafe has a 4 wheeler, he lives two blocks away, he wants to come get me. Can he?" Rory steps closer to me, wrapping her arm around my bicep, "can he, Dad?" She pleads with those delicate eyes of hers.

And as firm and as tough as I can be, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for each of my girls. Y/n tells me they each know my breaking point, and truth is, I want to spoil my girls, no matter what.

"Fine." I break, "as soon as it gets dark, I want you back here, Rora."

"AHAAA!" She jumps up and down with pure joy, giving me a big hug and a cheek kiss. Allie appears behind her big sister, with a pouty face.

"I want to go too!" Allie frowns, she's at the age where she wants to do everything Rory does and be her little shadow.

I even caught her putting on one of Y/n's lip glosses the other day, Allie, not Rory. And I was pleasantly surprised.

Rory walks over to her little sister, "sorry, Allie, you can't."

"Dad!" Whining and on the verge of tears, my 11 year old gives me a long look, silently begging me, "please let me go with Rory."

CJ's eyes light up, a mouthful of her PB&J sandwich, yet she still opens her mouth to add a muffled, "ME TOO!"

"How about you, CJ and Gracie get your winter stuff on so we can go sledding in our backyard?" She still doesn't seem convinced by the hesitant expression she's wearing.

So I cover the side of my mouth so that Rory can't read my lips, "Rory and her friends don't have the good sleds anyway nor are they getting hot chocolate with marshmallows."

Allie's face breaks into the biggest smile I've ever seen on her, and she rushes, pushing past her big sister Rory to grab her gloves, her hat and winter coat.

"Can you snort hot chocolate through your nose? What does that feel like? Would it hurt?"

These spiraling and curious questions are all thanks to CJ's ADHD.

You can't blame the kid, but I'm so thankful my girlfriend is a pediatric nurse practitioner where she can help me, not only with CJ's attention disorder, but with Rory's attitude, Allie's obsession with lip gloss and Gracie's refusal to go to sleep at night.

She's my other half. I know the stars sent Y/n, as an angel, because if not I would've probably gone insane.

~ Y/N ~

"The roads are getting bad, Dr.Y/l/n, we're thinking of calling the rest of the patients we had for the afternoon. Supposedly the roads aren't even going to be cleaned today, but first thing tomorrow which is absurd."

Annie appears in my office as I go over some paperwork, and filling out some blood work forms for my morning patients to send over to the lab center.

I spin on my desk chair to watch the large clumps of plush snow fall from the sky.

The snow reminds me of Chris, and that one time we were alone in a resort.

One he had reserved for the weekend, he loves to take me out on trips. And I love to just lay back and take a break from work.