Gnome Your Enemy 2

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Lake? I don't follow."

Jim lowered his gaze to find the gnome standing on the couch. He tackled Jim in front of the camera. Everyone's head followed as the camera fell.

"¡Arriba! Oh, what joy this new world was! ¡Que Bueno!"

"You're out of frame, Mr. Lake. I am confused."

"Just some technical difficulty! No problemo."

Toby turned the computer and whispered to Jim. 

"Tiny Jim, are you all right?"

"Do I look all right?"

Jim struggled as the gnome held tight onto Jim, the young boy slamming the gnome against the wall, faltering the gnome's grip before tossing him across the dollhouse room. The gnome quickly balanced himself and went after Jim once again. However, the TrollHunter took the TV and hit the gnome. Jim ran back to the phone and lifted it as Toby turned the computer back to the audience.

"And that'll be all for my presentation."

"Actually, by my count, you are three words short, Mr. Lake. If you can't finish the exam, I'll have to fail you."

"Uh, in that case, there were Muchos problemas in the Nuevo Mundo, the New World!"

The gnome attacked once again, pulling Jim from view. The two wrestled coming back in front of the camera, Toby covering up the image of the gnome.

"Um... Like vermin who you can't seem to get rid of. Ratas. I've got you now, gnome!"

Jim headed off the camera and tied up the gnome before running back to the camera.

"But, in the end, they were taken care of. And that is it for my presentacion. I hope this wasn't too much trouble, Senor Uhl. Hasta luego."

"Spectacular!"

"Very, very informative, Mr. Lake. C-plus."

Suddenly, Jim's body started to become disfigured, Senor Uhl was worried at the sight of it.

"Fine. B-minus"

"Jim? Jim, what's wrong?"

"It's happening!"

"What's happening?"

"It's happen-"

As Jim was about to repeat what he said, Toby had caught on and quickly high fived Jim's large hand before he closed the computer.

"High five! Internet connections, am I right? Gotta go. Bye!"

At the house, Toby walked through the door to find a normal size, Jim.

"Jim! You're okay! And big!"

"I think my spleen switched sides, but everything's better now."

"I'm sorry I failed you, Jim. I should have done it when I had the chance."

"I thought he was attacking me, but all he wanted was a home. Look! He's even found a friend."

The gnome strung a tune on his guitar.

"He has the mind of a vermin but the soul of an artist."

"Blinky said we needed to "take care of him," but what if we, like, take care of him? I know it's not exactly the second rule to Trollhunting, but, for this one, maybe we do it in our own way, without the murdering."

"We can keep him? Jim, I already have a name. Gnome Chompsky."

"Chompsky. I like it."

"Pretty good for a first mission. Two crises averted. It's not like you get to rehearse these things. Oh, no! Rehearsal!"

At said rehearsal, Claire was on stage, acting out her part.

"Oh, Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"

Jim popped into the gym.

"Shall I hear-"

He started, but was interrupted. Steve filled in the rest of the line.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

Steve took Claire's hands as Jim groaned, everyone's attention on him.

"Oh, Mr. Lake! Your repeated tardiness has forced me to take precautions Mr. Palchuk will now serve as your understudy."

Steve mocks an explosion as Claire presents a small smile and tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Jim turned and groaned quietly, holding his hand to his head. 

At the museum. Strickler headed into the museum holding a small crate in his hands as he walked to the covered bridge, Bular growling as he stepped behind the human.

"You're late."

"And you're impatient. I was waiting for another package to arrive"

Bular yanked the package from Strickler's fingers, and the apple that rested on top of it fell uselessly into Strickler's hand. Bular ripped open the box, pulled out another stone, and dropped the now empty box to the floor. He moved the large blanket as the piece glowed blue, twisting to fit on the bridge, closer to completion.

"Killahead Bridge will soon be complete. Our man from Germany will be arriving with more pieces soon."

"And my father will know freedom and glory. All that is left is for your impure army to locate our missing link."

A flashlight blinded the both of them slightly as a Security guard came into the room. 

"Hey! What are you doing in here?"

He grows frightened at the sight of Bular and runs, dropping the flashlight.

"You were followed?"

"Of course not. I brought you a midnight snack."

Bular chased after the Guard with a smile on his face. That night yet another soul would be forever lost and never found.