★Chapter Two★

(Lou's POV)

Here I am, standing by this damn fountain with this pigtailed rat waiting for someone who's gonna "help me catch up on cleaning". At least, that's what she said before she started ignoring me.

"So, who exactly from your little "council" is coming?" I glance over at her. She says nothing and looks away, arms crossed. god she's such a biiiii.... Birdhouse. Yeah. Anyways, she keeps checking her watch. Why? I wouldn't know, she won't talk to me.

However, she seems quite agitated. They must be late, whoever "they" is.

Just then, I hear someone yelling in the distance.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!!" My stomach drops when I recognize who it is. It's that bastard who put me in that wash. Noah? Nathan? Whatever. Anyway, he runs over panting and before he can even speak Kitty starts ripping into him.

"Nolan!!" She snaps. "Do you have ANY idea what time it is?!" Nolan... I think so that's his name.

"I know... I know... I'm.. I'm late... I'm so sorry I-" he pants out before Kitty cuts him off.

"I told you 12:00 SHARP.  You're 7 whole minutes late! We were supposed to begin this operation as soon as possible!" Kitty snaps. Before Nolan can speak I decide to interject. I don't like the guy, but I do feel a little bad that she's tearing into him like that.

"Well then stop yelling at him and get on with it." I state, clearly correct. Kitty turns to me and stares before sighing.

"Start with the plaza." She looks to Nolan. "Don't mess this up." Then, she picks up her bag. "Alright, your each other's problem now." She leaves, shoving Nolan right at me in the process.

(Nolan's POV)

I fall forward after Kitty's shove, and find myself leaning directly on Lou's chest with his arms holding me. I look up at him, unsure whether to feel horrified or humiliated. (Btw, I picked both.) He pushes me away and turns away from me.

After almost falling into the fountain, I get back straight on my feet and glare at him.

"Don't push me!" I snapped, he didn't answer. "Hey!" I attempt to get his attention to no avail. I sigh. "Listen, if we're gonna work together for a while then we have to at least try to get along."

Once again, Lou says nothing to me. However, he turns around with an angry glare. I can't help but get some chills from his icy cold stare. He holds eye contact for several minutes before he picks up a wet mop and bucket and forces them at me, soaking my legs in water.

Before I could speak, he started to walk away. I, confused, followed. He led me to a spot with lots of paint splatters on the ground.

"Start mopping." He grumbled, getting to work himself. I stood there, confused for a moment. "What." He snaps.

"Aren't you gonna... Show me how?" I asked sheepishly, Lou rolled his eyes.

"It's mopping, not rocket science." He snapped at me again before turning away. I hesitantly started pushing around the paint with the slightly dirty mop, making it dirtier. Lou turned to me and his eyes widened angrily.

(Third Person POV)

"What are you doing?!" Lou snaps at Nolan, who jumps.

"Mopping?!" He retorts.

"Not like that!" Lou yells. "You're just smearing it around!" Nolan looked down and realized he was sort of just pushing it around. He dipped the mop in the bucket, but accidentally spilled it causing the water to go everywhere. Lou gasped and stepped away so his shoes didn't get wet.

"Are you BRAINDEAD?!" Lou yelled angrily.

"Well if you showed me this wouldn't happen!" Nolan yelled back.

"Well MAYBE if you weren't so STUPID this wouldn't happen!" Lou mocked. Nolan flinched, hurt. Lou realized Nolan was hurt and he felt something... New. Something... Strange...

Lou sighed and grabbed a broom. He pushed the broom at Nolan, who looked up at him teary-eyed.

"Here. Go sweep over there." Lou ordered, pointing to a spot in the distance that didn't have much dirt so it would be easy for the brunette to clean.

Nolan nodded sheepishly and walked over to the spot. Lou sighed and got back to work, keeping an eye on Nolan as he worked away.