Farjaad was impressed. She was constantly focused on this for the past two days. He still got a little break in between, she had been focusing on this since they had finalised the stages and setting for the events.

His only task was to go and discuss it with the Hashims, who put too much trust in him to a point he was feeling it, handing him over the credit card and telling him to make the purchases through that rather than a cheque. He was initially hesitant, but did not think much of it later.

After their discussion Umeed agreed on sending him all the finalised orders so he could purchase them and record all of them under him so that every transaction was within his control. Farjaad was not expecting to be doing those transactions so quickly, her work ethic was magnificent.

"Tum abhi bhi wohi kaam kar rahi ho?" He asked, amazed by her continuity and dedication.

Umeed, on the other end of the phone, froze with what she was going and stared at her phone with widened eyes, as if she had been asked the most absurd thing possible.

"Farjaad do you think this gets done in one night?" She spoke loudly, not believing that he was speaking as if she was meant to be done with it by now. What the hell did he know?

"No I meant-"

"Mein kya pichle dou din se luddiyan nahi daal rahi hun? Paagal samjha hua hai mujhe?" Umeed spoke over him, appalled, enraged and infuriated that he commented as if it was that simple. It required so much thinking, double-checking, ensuring everything is perfect and reliable, having the pressure of having people's expectation, making sure the reality meets the vision as best as it possibly could. What did he know? How dare he assume it was so simple?

"Tum centi kyun ho jaati ho? Mene ye kab kaha hai?" Farjaad sat up on his couch, phone pressed against his ear, shocked at her ability to escalate an innocent comment so well. He did not mean harm, he was only surprised at her consistency.

How did he assume he was demeaning her? This trait was still unusual to him, for her to always assume the worst and get defensive without understanding anything. Her overthinking was a dangerous weapon.

"Kehne waale tou thay na! My goodness you really think that everyone has to be as robotic as you. Waqt par khana peena, waqt par sona, waqt par saans lena. Ab mene apni routine kharaab ki hai magar kaam tou kar rahi hun na? Kaun sa bethi saara din sust rahti hun? What do you mean abhi bhi. Agar tumne kabhi kiya hota tou pata hota this takes time." She kept on going, completely losing it at the assumption that he was trying to make her feel inferior.

Maybe it was because she had been sitting in the same place for hours, maybe it was because she had only had a toast and three cups of tea since the morning. Maybe it was because Umeed had a preexisting mechanism of getting defensive and talking to stand up for herself and presuming that people only think bad of her.

It all added to her rage and fury, and the lack of control she had on her words. But it felt right at that very moment, and thats all she could care about.

Farjaad was livid. Those things were uncalled for, it was not necessary to target his habits and customs. He was living a stable life solely because of the traits she listed. If he had not done, he'd be on his knees to his uncle begging for help and agreeing to the nonsense he had brought to the table.

His 'robotic' behaviour may not be the best to be around, but its what kept him from drowning in misery and becoming someone he always feared to become. Become the one thing he wished he never did because that would mean he would have disappointed his father. This route was still more sensible, he stood on his own two feet. And even if his father was not there, Farjaad knew he would be proud of him for standing strong. And it was this harsh, cold and precise lifestyle as well as dedicated and commitment that led him to his point.