"Yusuf I literally just said mene Umeed ki baat nahi karni."

There was silence was a few seconds.

Yusuf looked up at his friend, his eyebrows furrowed and concern spread across his face. He thought back to the sentence that he just said. No where. She was not mentioned at all.

"Umeed?" Yusuf looked at Farjaad, who was not focusing on what he just accused Yusuf of, instead focusing on his oatmeal. "Farjaad mene uska naam kab liya hai?"

Farjaad froze, looking up and meeting Yusuf's eyes, witnessing the concern and curiosity etched on his face. As if Farjaad had lost the plot, as if he was talking nonsense.

Did he not mention Umeed?

Shit.

"Garam kar ke laao, thanda hua wa hai." Farjaad pushed the bowl to Yusuf, who watched him with concern. He had just poured the oatmeal from the saucepan a minute ago, the steam was still prominent. It was too warm to even bite into. The bowl was too warm to even hold on to.And Yusuf wondered if this was as serious as he made it out to be.

-

"Magar yahan par tou light hai." Umeed shrugged to herself, working on her laptop and drinking a warm cup of tea. The weather was cloudy today, generous showers every few minutes but nothing drastic. The forecast showed there to be heavy showers as the day went by, but Umeed was comforted at the thought that the electricity was working in her area.

She needed heating in her apartment. It was freezing, the weather had dropped and living without heating was close to impossible.

"Mama ka sar ghooma wa hai ghar par. Ab dua karo ke jab tak mein ghar jaun light aa gayi hoye." Saveira spoke across the phone. It was common for her to call between her breaks.

Saveria took a responsibility she never spoke to Umeed of, the responsibility to be someone Umeed should get used to. It was not something Umeed was aware of, but Saveria knew how isolated Umeed was since she had moved. Having people around ehr was important. Especially when she came from a happening family. The transition of living amongst people to complete isolation could be dangerous huge slope if not dealt with on time, and Saveria made sure to be that person for Umeed.

Calling her daily, calling her between her work breaks, making plans for the weekends. It was not only because she genuinely enjoyed spending time with Umeed, but also because this was important for Umeed's mental well-being. To prevent her from entirely locking herself from the world and losing her mind.

And deep down, as much as it stresses Saveria out to hear Umeed continuously complain about Farjaad, she was relieved to know that there are other people umeed can busy herself with, talk with, experience things with. Doing what she did on her own was hectic, so having someone else to share that stress with was good in a way.

"Haan hopefully. Yahan tou thankfully sab set hai." Umeed sighed out of relief, looking around her spacious studio. She could not deal with everything shutting down. Even if she had to deal with an expensive bill for the heater, it was worth it. She needed warmth. And he needed a working socket. With the amount of work she had to do, her laptop was very important.

"Chalo apna khayal kakho." Saveria said her goodbye and Umeed placed her phone to the side, continuing to check the suppliers details for the upcoming events. One event would take a good two to three hours, this was going to be very time consuming.

-

"I wanted to ask something." Umeed put the phone on speaker and set it aside her laptop, staring at the screen and the cart she had made.

"Farmayein." Farjaad answered on the other end, his laptop opened where he checked the situation of the stockmarket.

"Agar mein bulk mein thori cheezain le lun jo multiple events ke liya kaam aa jayein, unki distribution kese karein ge?" Umeed asked. She found it much more sensible to run with this. Certain things went with any theme, and she could incorporate it everywhere rather than having to individually purchase everything. This would also save up on the holding cost if that were to be an issue for the Hashims. Unlikely, but Umeed resonated more with looking at things that were more economic for all events.