𝟎𝟏𝟑. the twisted sisters

Start from the beginning

Alison's explanation came in a rush, leaving Clementine stunned. "Long story short, we moved in next door, my mom divorced my dad and here we are. Sierra will be here soon, she's driving down here," she explained, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as Clementine's mouth fell open in astonishment.

"Why didn't you text me!?" Clementine playfully punched Alison's shoulder, the familiar gesture bringing a sense of warmth amidst the overwhelming emotions. Alison blushed and held her arm, muttering an "Ow" in response. Despite Clementine's absence in the past few months, Alison's love for her remained unwavering. They were more than friends – they were sisters.

"Holy shit, is that Alison Cahn?" Tyler's voice pierced the air, drawing both Clementine and Alison's attention. As Alison glanced over Clementine's shoulder, her face flushed crimson. She had harbored a crush on Tyler since childhood, and his presence never failed to fluster her.

Tyler approached, patting Alison's shoulder warmly. "I heard you were moving here. Thank god, I missed seeing the twisted sisters together," he commented, a playful grin on his face.

Clementine couldn't help but chuckle as she observed Alison's stunned expression, her lips slightly parted as drool threatened to escape. With a playful smack to Alison's head, Clementine brought her back to reality, earning a bewildered blink from her friend.

"Yeah?" Alison stammered out, her cheeks still tinged with embarrassment as Clementine shook her head in disbelief.

"I can't believe you still have a crush on my brother," Clementine teased, placing her hands on her hips, amusement dancing in her eyes.

    Alison's blush deepened as she looked down at her feet, feeling a mix of embarrassment and affection. Clementine, ever the supportive friend, wrapped her arm around Alison's shoulders, a determined glint in her eyes.

    "The Twisted Sisters are back, baby!!" Clementine exclaimed with enthusiasm, turning around with Alison by her side. The two approached Caleb, who smiled warmly at his daughter.

     He had wanted to make amends with Clementine, so he had been in contact with Alison's mom and suggested they move next door since the house had been empty for a month. Alison released herself from Clementine's embrace, excusing herself to grab a box and help her mom.

    Caleb leaned down and kissed Clementine's forehead. "Surprise," he grinned, his eyes twinkling with affection. Clementine smiled back at him, a mixture of surprise and gratitude evident on her face.

     "This was your idea for them to move here?" she laughed, incredulous yet touched by her father's gesture.

     "Yeah, saw on Facebook that she was looking for a place, so I suggested for her to move in next door," Caleb explained, his tone laced with sincerity.

    "Thanks, dad... and I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day... It was rude, and I was just upset. So much has been happening lately," Clementine confessed, her voice tinged with remorse.

    Caleb tilted his head, his expression softening with understanding. "It's okay... and you're right. I haven't been there for you or Tyler. I'm going to be better, I promise. I'm not going back, and I'm staying, okay?" he reassured her, pulling her into a tight hug.

    Clementine's heart swelled with gratitude as she returned the embrace, feeling a sense of warmth and reassurance wash over her.

Clementine's phone chimed, breaking the tender moment between her and Caleb. As she glanced down at her phone, Caleb's gaze fell upon the fresh cuts on her arm, a pang of concern gripping his heart. Before he could voice his worries, Clementine flashed him a bright smile.