Chapter 1: Arrival-Hermione

Hermione rushed around to pack her things for her train ride to Hogwarts. She ran down the stairs with her big trunk thunking down the steps behind her. "Mother, hurry! We'll be late for the train!" she yelled in annoyance. Isabella came stepping down the stairs, fixing her hair.

"Stop fretting, love. You know your father would hate for you to be late on the first day," she said easily. Hermione had been on edge ever since she had gotten her letter. Her parents had sworn her to secrecy. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone where she would be attending school this year and for the next seven years of her life.

"Are you coming, Daddy?" Hermione yelled. Daniel came out carrying his coat. He smiled at her lazily.

"Hermione, it is such a beautiful day out. Why are you wearing those long pants and sweater? You should be wearing a nice summer dress. Perhaps you should go inside and change before we leave," he suggested kindly. Hermione ground her teeth together.

"We don't have time, Daddy. My dresses are already packed in my trunk for the weekends that I don't have classes. If I open my trunk now, I'll have to repack and that could take me hours to do. Now, can we please hurry?" she asked annoyed.

Daniel smiled again at his daughter. He took her trunk and put it in the back of the car. They all loaded into the car and headed for the train station. Hermione was extremely excited for her first day.