Taigen leaves, grateful for a second chance.

Y/n approaches Mizu, smiling.

Y/n: You proved him wrong, Mizu. You are a true samurai.

Mizu: Perhaps. But I couldn't have done it without your support, Y/n.

Y/n: Always happy to help.

Hand in hand, they walk away from the dueling grounds, ready for whatever adventures lie ahead.

Y/n, concerned for Mizu's safety, volunteers to accompany her on the horse. Although Taigen objects, stating that he is the only one permitted to harm Mizu, she dismisses his concerns.

Mizu: I'm going. Whether you two decide to tag along or not, that's up to you.

Seeing that Mizu is determined, Y/n climbs onto the horse behind her, wrapping an arm around her waist for stability. Taigen reluctantly joins them, and the three set off with Okiyama leading the way.

As they ride, Y/n whispers to Mizu, "Are you sure about this? Going alone could be suicide."

Mizu responds firmly, "There is no guarantee of survival in pursuit of revenge. Every step carries risk. But I cannot ignore this opportunity."

Upon arriving at Heiji Shindo's fortified compound, Mizu slides off the horse, followed closely by Taigen and Y/n. Guards surround them, pointing spears and shouting threats, but Heiji calls for them to lower their weapons.

Heiji greets Mizu cordially, inviting them into his opulent dining area. Over cups of fragrant tea, Heiji propositions Mizu to become his subordinate, promising wealth and power in exchange.

However, Mizu declines, explaining her sole objective is to hunt down the white man responsible for destroying her life. Angered, Heiji threatens to imprison them all, but Mizu lunges forward, brandishing her knife and demanding to know where the white man is.

Caught off guard, Heiji reveals that the white man fled to Nagasaki, fearing for his life after hearing rumors of Mizu's arrival. Satisfied with the information, Mizu retreats, allowing Taigen and Y/n to guide her out of the compound.

Once safely away, Mizu praises Y/n for his loyalty and quick thinking, while Taigen grudgingly admits that perhaps she isn't merely a stray dog after all.

Together, the trio prepares to journey onward to Nagasaki, united by their common cause.

Y/n tends to Mizu's wounded hip while Taigen sulks nearby, nursing his broken nose. Y/n gives Taigen a stern look, cautioning him to leave Mizu alone. Taigen ignores him, still smarting from his defeat.

Taigen: (mockingly) Afraid of a little competition, samurai?

Mizu: Save your breath, Taigen. I don't have time for your games.

Y/n: (interjecting) Maybe it's time for a change of subject. How about we focus on the task at hand?

Mizu: Right. We need to cross that ravine.

Taigen: (scoffing) Cross it? Impossible. We'd freeze to death halfway.

Y/n: (determined) Never underestimate the human spirit, Taigen. I've seen people do incredible things when pushed to their limits.

Mizu: (nodding) He's right. We can't give up now.

With renewed determination, they assess their surroundings and devise a plan to cross the treacherous ice sheet. Y/n leads the way, testing each step before committing, while Mizu and Taigen follow cautiously.

Taigen: (struggling) Damn, this ice is slippery.

Mizu: (through gritted teeth) Keep moving, Taigen. We're nearly there.