Chapter 1: Luth

Začať od začiatku

"I doubt you were able to find much," Luth replied.

"The topic of how much information we were able to recover is irrelevant. Tell us what you know of them."

The Demon Lord's eyebrows furrowed, as though he was thinking the Hero was a fool.

"What do you want to know? Their age? Favorite food? Or the clothes they like wearing the most?"

"Do not evade the question. I am referring to their current location."

There was silence for a few seconds before Ronn and Junil heard the raspy chuckle of the Demon Lord.

"Even if I knew, you think I'd tell you?"

"So you do not know."

"No. I don't. Now leave me to languish."

The armored Hero took a loud step forwards, as close as he could without making contact with the enchanted metal bars of the cell.

"I am not finished. If you know nothing of their location, then tell me what you know about them."

"I'm starting to think that the space in that metal helmet of yours is empty if you think asking any harder will get me to answer. I have all the reason to stay quiet."

"If you tell us nothing, we will probably kill them."

It was quiet for a handful of tense seconds.

"...And if I do?"

"They'll most likely be captured, and they'll occupy a cell next to yours."

An additional chuckle could be heard from Luth before it was cut short by a cough. He immediately replied to Ronn as his hacking subsided.

"Getting stuck in here is a terrible fate, I'd say. Regardless, you're never going to find her."

"So. This sibling of yours is your sister?"

Silence permeated the air between the two. Junil fidgeted; she was growing uncomfortable at how tense the atmosphere was.

"I am losing my edge, dropping that tidbit of information on you. I'm remaining silent from here on out," the Demon Lord said.

Ronn shook his helmeted head. "Fine. We will hunt her down ourselves. Junil, let us depart."

But as he stepped away from the cell, Luth spoke up.

"Keep your word. If you do run across her... please treat her gently."

"I can't guarantee anything," replied the Hero.

"You promised."

Ronn stopped, then turned his head around to look at the Demon Lord.

"Not only have I not given an explicit promise, but the state your sister will be apprehended in will heavily depend on how much she cooperates. If we drag her in here bloodied and bruised, she will only have herself to fault."

It looked as though Luth was going to say something in response. But he didn't, and simply closed his eyes.

Seeing as that was the end of it, Ronn turned back around to catch up to Junil, who had already gotten a slight head start on departing. The clacking of the Healer's pristine shoes contrasted with the metal-on-metal clinking of the Hero's armor, both sounds echoing down the dim stone hallway.

Junil broke the silence once she had assured they were out of earshot of the Demon Lord.

"What do you think?" she asked.

"The Demon Lord was lying. He has an idea as to where this sister of his is."

The Healer had to speed up her walking pace to keep up with the much taller and armored Hero.