"Emilie!" He shouts after me as I jump over the barrier at the bottom, and run in the direction of the crash, ignoring him. It wasn't a bad crash, but I'm still worried for him. Arthur runs after me, him catching up as I barge my way through the crowds and run down to turn one.

"Emilie." He repeats, breathing heavily as rain drips down his forehead. He grabs my arm gently, trying to stop me from running off again.

"I need to make sure he's ok." I state, trying to get my arm out of his grip. He lets go and I continue making my way through the crowd of people with Arthur following close behind me.

I run down the path at the side of the track, a fence separating me from the danger of the road next to me. The fence stops as there is now a wall of tyres around the edge, where Charles crashed.

I pull myself up onto the tyres, carefully walking across them, being sure not to fall down the hole in the middle of each tyre. I jump off the other side, my knees buckling underneath me slightly as I land in the gravel beside Charles' car.

Arthur follows me over the tyres, jumping down and standing in front of me so I can't get any closer to the danger around the crashed car next to us.

"Charles!" I shout, trying to get past Arthur, who tries to guide me backwards. I push against him, wanting to run over to Charles and make sure he's ok.

"Kid. He's alright. Please calm down." Arthur says, his voice calm and collected as he tries to stop me from getting myself into danger.

A race car stops on the track next to us, a number 1 plastered on the nose. Max pulls himself out of his car, jumping onto the gravel before running over to us. He flicks his visor up so I can see his eyes.

"I've got this. Go back to the pits mate." Max quietly says to Arthur, nodding his head towards the pits across the track. "There aren't any more cars, so you're safe to go." He adds. Arthur begins walking towards the pit lane.

"Listen to me." Max states, grabbing my shoulders and looking down at me. I avoid eye contact and try to barge past him. "Emilie." He says louder, having a firm grip on my upper arms and pushing me backwards slightly.

"Let me get to Charles." I shout, tears beginning to form in my eyes. I loose a bit of strength as my emotions get the better of me. I let Max push me backwards towards the safety of the tyre barriers.

"Look, there's paramedics with him now. He's alright." He assures me, moving out of my way slightly so I can see the people working to help him get out of his car. He slowly over to the ambulance which is parked in front of Max's car, his arms wrapped around the shoulder's of two paramedics.

"Please let me go with him." I say, tears now streaming down my face as I try to compose myself. Max takes a deep breath and shakes his head slightly.

"Come on. Let's go back to the pits." He says gently, holding my hand and pulling me along slightly, behind him. He's treating me like a three year old. I pull my hand out of his grip and take a step back, forcing him to turn around and look at me.

I run towards the ambulance, but quickly feel a strong hand on my upper arm. I get pulled backwards, into Max's chest. He has a firm hold on both my upper arms, having full control over my movements.

"Get off!" I shout at Max, trying to force my way out of his grip, but not going anywhere. He's so strong, it's a bit scary.

"Listen to me." He states sternly, his voice slightly muffled by his helmet. He quickly spins me round so I'm facing him.

"Charles will be perfectly fine. He's alive, he can walk, he's all good." Max assures, a slight hint of sympathy in his voice. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I wrap my arms around his torso and sob into his chest. He rubs my back comfortingly, before breaking away from the hug.