CHAPTER 14- A TASTE OF HER DARK SIDE

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't you think you should help her?" he asked Lucien.

"I believe she can handle it" Lucien shrugged.

"She may be capable, but Devyn has drained a lot of energy from students" Phoenix pointed out, expressing concern.

"This should be her lesson for talking rudely to me" Lucien smirked and folded his arms, watching the unfolding spectacle with pleasure.

Devyn's power of vision granted her the ability to anticipate most of Reva's attacks, allowing her to dodge with remarkable skill. Yet, Reva, determined to overpower her, chanted a powerful spell.

"By the power of death and life, let your bond be broken!" Reva's voice resonated with dark energy, causing the souls within Devyn's body to be drained.

"Argh!!!" Devyn's agonizing screams filled the air as the power within her began to wane.

She fought against the overwhelming force, but it seemed inevitable. The last remnants of her energy were mercilessly sucked away, leaving her weakened and vulnerable.

With a final surge of power, Reva unleashed a tremendous force, sending Devyn crashing to the ground. The impact was so powerful that it created a deep hole where she landed, accompanied by a resounding thud.

Reva gracefully descended to the ground, her eyes returning to their calm state. She walked towards where Devyn lay and saw that the evil spirit that possessed her had been destroyed.

Principal Hazel, who had been observing the entire battle, approached her with a warm smile.

"You have done well once again" she praised, her voice filled with admiration as she walked toward Reva.

Reva ignored her and began to walk away, her steps resolute and determined.

••••••

Alice's eyes fluttered open slowly, but they still felt a bit blurry. The room seemed unfamiliar, and it took her a moment to realize she was in her bed. As she tried to gather her thoughts, a familiar voice broke the silence.

"You have to pay me for carrying you" said Vesper, her roommate, who was sitting on the bed next to hers.

Sitting up slowly, Alice held her head as it gave her a slight ache.

"What happened?" she asked, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Devyn opened a soul trap" Vesper replied with a grave expression.

"A soul trap?!" Alice's eyes popped wide open in shock.

"Yes!" Vesper nodded solemnly.

"Why would she do such a thing? She knows how dangerous it is" Alice rushed her words.

"She was possessed by a spirit and had to live up to her nickname" Vesper shrugged nonchalantly.

"I always knew there was something creepy about that crazy witch" Alice scoffed, remembering Devyn's eccentricities.

Vesper's gaze shifted to Alice's frail form.

"You should work on yourself, your body is too weak" she remarked.

"I'll try" Alice mumbled, lowering her head.

"Were you affected by the soul trap too?"

"I was, but not like you were" Vesper replied.

Just then, Reva entered the room. Alice's face lit up with joy, and she hurriedly got out of bed to embrace her.

Taken aback by the sudden display of affection, Reva hesitated for a moment before breaking the hug.