"Jisungie?" he asked, concern seeping into his tone.

From his spot in the corridor, Jisung tried to conceal a giggle. He could hear from Minho's voice that the older was leaned against the door, expecting a kiss but met instead with the slam of hard wood. 

"Jisung," Minho whined. "Where have you gone? Come back, please?"

"I was promised a date," Jisung teased through the door. "You have 30 minutes to get ready."

"So why are you on the other side of the door?" Minho pouted. 

"Because if I come in there, we will never leave," Jisung grinned. "And maybe if you're good, I'll let you fuck me after the date I'm so looking forward to."

A silence. Jisung wasn't sure if Minho was stunned at Jisung's bold confidence, or if the older had forgotten they had even spoken about a date. Jisung's heart stilled for a second, anxious he'd overstepped a boundary or taken things too seriously.

But then a bang and a yelp from inside the room proved him wrong. Even from outside, he could hear it, Minho fumbling around to get ready as quickly as possible. Jisung's heart resumed its usual pace.

"Jisung?" 

Jisung turned to see Felix, still as pretty as ever but definitely not feeling as good as he looked. There were circles under his eyes and he was rubbing a hand against his temples. 

"Just who I was hoping to see!" Jisung smiled.

Twenty minutes later, Jisung had fought over Felix's weak protests, and the younger had agreed to lend Jisung some clothes and fix him up with some makeup. Nothing too fancy, but enough that Jisung looked at himself and felt pretty. 

He felt noticeably less pretty when Minho emerged not too long after. He would have to get used to this, he told himself, this feeling of inadequacy when Minho continuously looked effortlessly perfect. If only Jisung knew; Minho was thinking the exact same, in reverse. 

There was a still moment as they just gazed at each other. Neither knew what to say, so each just blinked slowly. Jisung felt his face curve into a small smile.

"Hi," he mumbled to the older. 

Minho grinned. "Hi. You look nice."

This broke the spell, and Jisung scoffed, pushing past the older and wasting no time in linking fingers around Minho's wrists. They walked like this together, Minho trying to compliment Jisung and Jisung shouldering it off, out to the bus stop near the house. When they got there, they paused again.

"What do you have in mind?" Their voices mirrored each other, spoken in sync.

Jisung faltered. "Oh."

"Ah... I guess we didn't plan this part," Minho smiled sheepishly. 

"You said you were taking me on a date!" Jisung sulked, shooting Minho a childish frown. Minho breathed a laugh; even like this, petty, Jisung was too cute to argue with.

"Okay, fair. I did. But I also said I've never dated anyone before!" Minho tried to excuse himself. Jisung just cocked an eyebrow, waited Minho out with a long stare. 

"Fine. Erm... What do you like to do?" Minho asked. Jisung wasn't used to the older sounding anxious, insecure. 

"Anything," Jisung shrugged. "I'm sure anything would be fun with you."

Minho blushed. Like, actually blushed, face tilting up into a smile he had tried to stop and his eyes crinkling at the corners. When he realised his reaction was so prettily painted on his face, Minho coughed, tried to gather his composure.