002

02x02

Enough is enough

I have an aunt who whenever she poured anything for you she would say "Say when!" My aunt would say "Say when!" and of course, we never did. We don't say when because there's something about the possibility, of more. More tequila, more love, more anything. More is better. There's something to be said about a glass half full. About knowing when to say when. I think it's a floating line. A barometer of need and desire. It's entirely up to the individual. And depends on what's being poured. Sometimes all we want is a taste. Other times there's no such thing as enough, the glass is bottomless. And all we want, is more.

-Meredith Grey

Seraphina is on her way to Seattle Grace Hospital. Addison is staying in the Archfield while Sera bought her own apartment.

"Oh hey." The brunette greeted. Derek was standing in front of the hospital.

He rolles his eyes and walks once again inside the hospital.

Sera mimics him and rolles her eyes away. She heads to the attending-lounge and puts her stuff away. She changes her jacket with a Doctor coat.

Sera takes her binder and gets herself a coffee.

"Dr. Burke." Seraphina greets with a nod.

"Dr. Shepherd, how is the study going?"

"Great so far, we're still on the beginning but till now everything goes perfect."

"Great to hear." He excuses himself and goes back to work.

Once sera arrives at the lab her pager rings. She sighs and starts making her way to the E.R.

She takes a trauma gown and goes outside to the other doctors.

"Who are you?" The shorter woman asks.

"Dr. Shepherd. I'm a fellow." Sera puts on the gown and gloves.

"Dr. Shepherd? Are you maybe related to Derek Shepherd?" The resident eyes the fellow suspiciously. So do her interns, who are standing a feet away from them.

"Yes actually. And who are you?" Sera asks while checking the time.

"Doctor Bailey."

The ambulance arrives and the doors open. The paramedic pulls the man out.

"A 55 year old male, Ted, was involved in a head on collision. He has a depressed skull fracture and many internal injuries." He informs.

"He's pretty much gone." He adds.

"He's not gone 'til we say he's gone." Bailey says and assigns the patient to George O'Malley. She tells him to save the man.

"But he's dead." The interns argues.

"Grey, go with O'Malley."

More victims are coming and the two interns go inside to save the patient. The rest of the doctors take the next ambulance.

Bailey assigns the son to Alex and the wife to Christina.

"Karev, I'm going with you." Sera walks past him to do X-rays of Scott, their patient. Alex looks back to Christina and cheers. Yang just rolles her eyes.

                         •••••

Sera's and Alex's patient is getting X-rays. The boy is telling them what happened.

He tells them that there was a guy with a truck, who cut them off. His father lost it and started chasing the truck. He was driving very fast through the traffic. He also tells them, that his parents had a fight this morning.