Chapter one

Naomi's POV
Like the previous three summers, I am working as a cart girl at a golf course in Michigan.

For a summer job it pays very well and the eye candy is pretty good.

"Naomi, you haven't been to a party all summer just come to one please," Gabby my best friend and also cart girl begged as we sat at hole two.

"I don't know Gabby. I just haven't been in the mood to go out and party" I shrugged. "It'll be fun I promise, and from what I've heard there will be hot guys there. Just come even if it's only for like an hour" Gabby pleaded.

"Okay, okay, I'll go" I said giving in. Gabby and I kept talking for a while, it was early in the morning, so it wasn't too busy yet.

That was until two little voices interrupted us. "Hi Nomi," the little voices said. As I turned around I saw Charlie and Lacy Hughes, probably some of the cutest kids I've seen.

"Hey guys who are you here with?" I asked, trying to look for an adult they could be with.

"We came with Uncle Lukey and Jacky," Charlie said with a smile. "Oh, okay so where are Lukey and Jacky?" I asked. I couldn't see anyone around apart from a couple of older guys.

"They being boring so we left" Lacy explained. Since I couldn't see anyone, I let the twins stay with me on the cart.

They asked me a lot of questions, like:

"Why are you here?"
"Why aren't you home?"
"What am I doing?"
"Do I know Lukey or Jacky?"

I was studying early childhood at the University of British Columbia, and I was on a placement at the daycare the twins went to.

To keep the twins entertained, I had given them both an ice block to eat, hoping that would keep them distracted for a bit.

After about an hour with the twins Lacy squealed, which I had gotten quite used to. "LUKEY," she squealed with a big smile on her face.

When I turned around my eyes locked onto, dare I say, the prettiest boy I think I ever saw.

Luke's POV
I was walking to grab the boys another drink when I saw the twins sitting in the drinks cart, happily talking to the cart girl while licking an ice block.

"LUCKY," Lacy squealed with a smile as she saw me walking up to the cart.

When the cart girl turned around, my eyes locked onto her.

God, I think she was the prettiest girl I've ever seen.

Naomi's POV
"Charlie, Lacy, are you guys okay?" Luke asked which I guessed was his name.

"Yes," Charlie said with a confused look. It was then that my suspicion that the twins had been lost was confirmed.

The twins were both blissfully unaware that they had been missing.

"Thank you for looking after them and sorry for the trouble," he said as he turned to me. "Oh, no, it's okay. I don't mind," I answered with a smile.

"Lukey, it's Nomi" Lacy tried to whisper. "Uh, okay, and who is this Nomi?" Luke asked looking over at me.

"It's actually Naomi. I'm on placement at their daycare," I answered. "Nice to meet you, I'm their Uncle Luke."

~~~Izzy~~~

Quick first chapter 😙🫶🏼