arabella finally decides to get up and look for some instrument to clean. looking across the room, she spots a semi open cupboard and assumes that she'll find something in there. she opens the cupboard and sees a flute. just as she's about to grab the instrument, she feels someone behind her. it's chris, who's arms are above her body, trying to grab something on top. 

arabella turns around so fast she almost gives herself whiplash. she looks up to see him scanning her face, his expression one that she just cannot decipher. she notices how truly blue his eyes are, how they shimmer due to the sunlight cast across the room. his hair is messy and a deep shade of brown. however, his stare is piercing. she feels as though its burning through her. 

 they stay in that position for what feels like an hour but is merely a minute, until arabella finally snaps and clears her throat awkwardly. chris' eyes flash when he finally comes to his senses. 

she points to the flute and instantly chris moves his arms, letting her move around once again. he forces himself to get that exchange out of his mind takes the instrument he was looking for out of the cupboard.  

chris walks towards of the vacant chairs in the room and sits down, his full focus on the guitar in his hands. every night when he was younger he used to sneak down to the shed of his house with his electric guitar and practice chords for hours on end. that was before junior year, now his life has been muddled up with basketball practice, youtube, girls. well, more specifically one girl, the same one he's watching gaze at the multitude of posters across the room. 

this is the longest chris and arabella have gone in each others' presence alone without fighting. arabella is day dreaming, looking at a poster of some school play. she jumps out of her trance as she softly hears the sound of a very familiar song.

her head turns around so fast and before she can stop herself the words are already out. "are you playing arctic monkeys?" she asks, fiddling with the flute she picked up. 

chris has the red guitar rested on his legs whilst he's tapping them to the melody of the song. he's hyper focused on getting each chord right. arabella is perplexed as she's watching him, never seeing him so passionate about anything before, even basketball. 

she lived right next door to the triplets and would often be awake at night, unable to sleep because of the constantly slamming of the ball against the blackboard. she'd peek out of the window and see an agitated chris almost every night and one of their many fights would start again.

chris nods his head, "you know this one?" 

"mhm," she responds. "it's one of my favourites, plus it sounds better than that awful sound of your basketball missing the hoop every single night." 

"i never miss and you know it," he states with a slight smirk on his face. 

"god you're so fucking egotistical, it's nauseating." she scoffs, feeling herself get more riled up. 

"aww you're so sweet to me aria," he replies, not caring how annoyed she seems. 

"you are genuinely the most irritating person on earth," she half screams. 

"you're acting like you don't blast horrible music all day long, i swear i'm on the verge of losing my hearing." 

arabella decides to step away from the conversation before she starts attacking chris because of his obnoxiousness. 

"just clean the fucking instruments so that we can both get out of here," her tone is harsh, indicating that she's done with this fight. chris rolls his eyes and diverts his attention back to cleaning. 

the car ride back was tense, with arabella getting constant stares from everyone. she was utterly confused and looked in the mirror multiple times to make sure there wasn't something on her face. as she got out of the car and was on her way to the front door of her house, chris rolled down his window and shouted her name. 

"what do you want now chris?" she asks defeatedly.

"i was just wondering when i'll get my sweater back." he says. 

"what?" 

"my sweater. the one that you're wearing right now." 

shit. shit. shit. the girl just turns around and walks to her front door as fast as she can, ignoring him. she cannot believe nick set her up like that. her breath is winded as she races to her room and calls nick, ready to kill him.

rory speaks!

well.... i disappeared for like a month but im back! regular updates from march 12th <3 

hope u liked this chapter, so much is planned for the next one!!

all my love, 

rory <3