chapter one

it's a normal school day at this tennesee highschool. you sit in your english class, talking with your friend nicole. the two laugh and gossip as the class goes on.

cairo notices this and scowls, annoyed at how easily you seem to get along with people. she always despised how her 'enemy' was so popular and pretty.

an hour later, the class finally ends. you stand and as you do, glances at cairo, who's still scowling.
"what's your probelm?" you hiss.

cairo rolls her eyes as the two walk towards the exit. "you are. every goddamn day." she mumbles. you scoff, opening your mouth to reply before mr lawton, their english teacher, calls her name. you shoot a glare at cairo before walking back to mr lawton. cairo watches the interaction from the doorway.

"so, miss smith," mr lawton begins. "we need to talk about your choice of clothing." he states. you look down at her clothes - a short denim skirt, tight white tank stop and some cowboy style boots. it was revealing, to say the least. you then look back up to mr lawton, speaking in a soft but flirty tone. "i'm very sorry, sir... i thought you'd like it."

mr lawton blushes, his eyes scanning your body once over before he clears his throat. "i-uh... it's quite nice... but othee staff may disagree." he stutters, trying his best to keep his eyes on yours. "i should go, but.. just, be more aware of the rules..."

you nod along, a smile on your lips and a seductive glint in your eyes. "thank you, mr lawton." you reply, running her hand down his arm before turning and leaving. you see cairo in the doorway and you raise your eyebrows. "enjoy the show?"

cairo blinks, trying to process what she just witnessed. she ignores your teasing comment and walks with you through the hallway. "i can't believe you just seduced mr lawton so you wouldn't get in trouble."

"so what if i did?" eva scoffs, glancing at cairo who rolls her eyes. "i didn't think you could get anymore slutty." she mutters.

you smirk. "you've clearly underestimated me, cairo sweet."