Chapter 1: Family ties

Start from the beginning

Toni gave a look of understanding and support.

"But I do miss him, a lot. I might call him soon" said Sage, thinking about it more deeply.

"I see Fangs and Sweet pea over there, I don't know why they haven't joined us" said Toni, raising her eyebrow.

Sage shrugged her shoulders, finishing off her coffee.

"We should probably get to English, besides Sweet pea's been acting kinda suspicious around me lately and I have no idea why" said Sage, cluelessly.

Toni smiled knowingly but shook it off fast so that she didn't see her reaction.

"Who knows, I'll talk to him when we're in class" said Toni, determinedly.

Sage nods in agreement and the two good friends walk into their English class.
~
While over on the Northside. Lola Jones was getting ready in her lavish pink room. Running late but not caring that much for it. Her adopted father Steve shouted her down. To which eventually she obliged and came down the stairs, ready for a new day.

"Your running late today, is everything alright?" Asked Steve, his eyes full of worry.

"Everything's fine dad, I'm just tired" replied Lola, her neatly applied makeup hiding the bags under her eyes. She had hardly slept last night from having continuous nightmares.

"Come on, I'll drive you so you might make it before first period" said Steve, getting his keys.

"Thanks dad" replied Lola, with a tired smile on her face.

Once they arrived at Riverdale high, her two best friends Betty and Veronica were waiting for her by the main entrance. Steve kissed his daughter on the head before she headed out as confidently as she could. But even from afar, her two best friends could tell something was up.

"Morning, how are you?" Asked Betty.

"Exhausted already! I wonder what this week of school will bring" said Lola, looking around to see if she could catch the eye of someone special.

"I know who your looking for miss Jones and don't worry I've already seen him. Hanging out by his locker" said Veronica, with a knowing smile.

"When will you ask him out!! Honestly I think you two are made for each other" said Betty, with a smile.

"Thanks guys! I think I'll tell him... but soon" said Lola, feeling nervous now.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" Asked Veronica.

"Yeah I just had bad nightmares last night. So I didn't really get that much sleep" said Lola, trying not to wipe her eyes.

"That's horrible, at least it's a new day" said Betty, doing her best to comfort her friend.

"Your right, I have a good feeling about today" said Lola, with a smile.
~
Back on the Southside. Sage, Toni, Sweet pea and fangs were all sitting in English. Listening to their teacher Mr Phillips go on about some book, Toni and Sage were doing everything in their power to concentrate.

While Fangs was just drawing in his sketchbook which he only tended to do either in class or lunch when he was bored or just fancied creating art. 

Sweet pea seemed occupied by something on his phone.

"Alright, start by the title! What do we know about Romeo and Juliet?" Asked Mr Phillips, looking around the class.