"Then .. let's expose it to noble consort. He can convince his highness to let you go."

"Why would he help me ?" Anaya scoffs.

"Because if you leave, his highness will have one less consort which is good for noble consort." Zubina stands up.

"It will work ?"

"Of course it will. Why do you think his highness arrested the Afreen - the princess of Amari , his own mother - empress dowager of Zi ? Because of noble consort Yuzu. He has mould him against them."

"He is indeed a scum consort." 

***

Yuzu listens to Anaya and Zubina in silence. Though he didn't want to meet them now, he decided to give Zixaun some space.

So he agreed. But he never expected to hear about Anaya's affair. Yuzu frowns. "What do you want me to do ?"

"Can't noble consort convince his highness to break the marriage and let me go without a punishment?" Anaya pleads.

Yuzu frowns harder. It's easy to let Anaya go indeed but Let a minister marry Anaya. That would ruin the reputation of Zi. Ministers shouldn't get the audacity to betray the emperor and get away with it.

"I didn't mean to betray. It's just when noble consort ordered to shave my head, I almost had a heartattack. And he ... He saved me from that terror." Anaya removes her turban.

Yuzu widens his eyes looking at Anaya's long and intact hair.

"His highness is in a bad state of mind now. I will try when he recovers." Yuzu finally replies "but I can't guarantee, Anaya."

Anaya panics "but if his highness knows ... then .. why can't you guarantee? You arrested Afreen and empress dowager."

Zubina looks at Anaya in horror. She is indeed dumb.

Whatever, Yuzu stays calm. He has heard the rumours that are going around the palace. Everybody has painted him the villain. Everybody thinks it's him who is manipulating his highness.

"You may not know Anaya, but Afreen had her guards to spy on everyone in the palace. She has been sneaky for so long even before I became the noble consort

And as for empress dowager, she confessed some of her sins in front of his highness. I have nothing to do with it." Yuzu sighs. Why is he even explaining? "But I will really try my best."

"That will do." Zubina hurriedly replies before Anaya could open her mouth.

Yuzu nods "you can leave now."

Anaya pouts but she stands up to leave eventually. But Zubina stays behind.

Yuzu frowns "Is there anything else Zubina ?"

"Noble consort said Afreen has Benn sneaky for a long time." Zubina hesitates "I don't know if it's important or not but ..."

"But ?"

"I saw Afreen yesterday when you were out with his highness. That day she left the palace wearing a black shawl, you know like a thief."