Chapter 29: From red to blue

Start from the beginning

"Sir, I didn't choose to fall in love with Leah, I never wanted to, until I did, and I can sit here and tell you that I'm sorry and that I don't deserve my career because what I did was unprofessional, it was unprofessional, but I didn't get in this career to do that, you saw that I am dedicated to this and I would do anything to get this back, but Leah changed my life the same way I did for the Arsenal girls, Leah made me realize what happiness truly is, and what I want from life, and we fell in love, and that is something I will never apologize for" 

He looked at me realizing what I was saying. 

"You know I can never let you work for Arsenal" 

"I know that, and I'm not asking for my job back there, I'm asking you for the chance that you gave me two years ago" 

"Let me see what I can do" 

A wave of relief washed over me. 

"Thank you sir, I won't let you down" 

We both smiled and I shook his hand.  I started heading towards the door, but he had one last thing to say. 

"You're right Abi, you don't choose who you fall in love with, from what I can see from you and Leah, it is something so special, you were willing to give your career up for her, just, don't let it all go to waste" 

I nodded my head and smiled back at him. 

One stop down, one more to go. 

--- 

I drove up the driveway of the home Leah and I shared. Her car was there so I knew she would be home. 

I had my keys still, but I felt weird just walking in, considering everything that has happened, so I knocked on the front door instead. 

I heard Olly rush to the door, and he was barking.  It took Leah a few minutes to come to it, but when she finally did, I could tell she was surprised to see me. 

Olly was jumping all over me. 

"Don't you have keys?" 

"Felt a bit weird" 

She looked horrible.  Not in a rude way of course, but I could tell she was hurting, and was depressed the same way I had been. 

Her hair was tied up, but I could tell it hadn't been brushed in a while.  She was wearing sweats, and her eyes were almost swollen shut. 

"Leah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for leaving, I'm sorry for not fighting through this with you, I was a mess, I didn't know what to do, I thought leaving was the only thing I could've done" 

"I never wanted you to do this alone, I'm used to having the microscope on me and everyone be super nosy in my relationships, you're not, and I at least wanted to help you" 

We moved to the couch at this point, Olly was still stuck to my side. 

"You saw how I was, it doesn't justify anything, but I didn't want to accept your help, I didn't want anyone to" 

"Then what changed, you came back, and you look nice, you don't seem depressed anymore" 

"Believe it or not, Leslie happened" 

She gave me a look. 

"She's not really a bitch and she gives good advice" 

"Then why are you back" 

"Because I love you, I talked to my professor today so thats looking good, and I just wanted my person back, you're right I should've let you help me, and I will never forgive myself for leaving, but I never wanted for us to end, there is no end, there is only forever" 

She looked at me. 

"Honestly Ab, I felt horrible for you, I wanted to help, but I didn't know how, really there was only so much I could do, but I'm glad you're back, and I love you too" 

We both smiled, and she pulled me in for a passionate kiss, god did I miss this. 

We spent the rest of the night on the couch, catching up on our lives from the past few weeks, and she was trying to figure out how I like Leslie now. 

And then I got the call. 

"Abi, It's Dr. Atkinson, I have good news, you're back in the Phd program, and you'll be now working as the sports psychologist at Chelsea, you start next week" 

---- 

A/N: 

-I feel like the chapter kind of gives the ending away but oh well 

-School's been real busy, but I'm glad I could get this one out for you guys tonight:) 

-Updates may be slow this month, but I'll try my best 

-As always thanks for the love:)