Chapter 1: "Downfall"

Start from the beginning

"Is there something on my clothes?.."

Kei was confused and tried to check for any stains on his uniform he may have missed before leaving his room earlier, but he was halted by one of his subordinates, Suzuki Kurai, who was escorted by a group of MPs.

"Ah, Kurai-san, good morning. Uhm is there a reason why the military police are here?"

Kei asks since it's not everyday you see the MPs in base.

Kurai however punches Kei in the jaw before screaming.

"How dare you act all innocent after what you've done!"

Taken aback, Kei didn't get up immediately, "what he's done?" what did he do to warrant this?

"What do you mean by "What you've done", what are you implying here?"

One of the MPs step up and place handcuffs on Kei.

"Commander Nakazato Kei, you are under arrest for sexually harassing two of your shipgirls, coastal defense ships nonetheless. You are relieved of your duties as a commander and will be placed in a holding cell till you're transported to Abashiri prison via transport"

Kei was in shock and he had no idea how to react, but what became an insult to injury was the sight of Hiburi and Daitou. The two girls he treated so kindly and the two who he basically treated as daughters. Seeing them hiding behind one of the MPs, their eyes are filled with fear as they look at him, and it hurts him a lot.

But when he tried to reach out to them, an MP yanks him away and he saw the two girls visibly flinch in fear. That broke him in the inside.

Seizing this opportunity the MPs took Kei away and hauled him off to the naval base's prison.

Upon reaching the prison, he was stripped of all of his ranking insignias on his uniform.

However, due to confusion and a little desperate to prove his innocence. He protested.

"I swear! I am innocent! I will never do anything to Hiburi nor Daitou! Those two are like my own kids!"

Some of the officers laugh, some even calling him mentally unstable before he was harshly thrown into an isolated solitary confinement cell that was separated from the prison actual.

There, alone and dishonored inside a dark, small cell. Kei was left to ponder in his own thoughts.

Why is this happening to him, nothing made any sense to him.

Minutes of relentless thinking became hours, hours turned into two days on how he ended up here was interrupted as the metal observation window to his cell opened.

"Nakazato Kei.."

It was Kurai, Kei got up and stood in front of the window.

"Kurai...what is going on...why is this happening?.."

His voice is tinged with desperation for answers, however the answers he got was something he never expected.

Kurai began snickering as he sneered at Kei.

"Kurai, what's funny?....why...why are you snickering?..."

Kurai leaned closer to the window before speaking up.

"You're getting what you deserve."

"What I deserve?..."

Kurai kept snickering.

"Yes, you deserve all of this..."

Kei was more confused than anything, what was Kurai even going on about.

"...and now, and now I can finally claim what was supposed to be my promotion."

".. Kurai-san what do yo-...wait..don't tell me-"

Kurai leaned closer as he continued to snicker and it became evident that the reason why he is in here, it's because of Kurai.

"Y-you...YOU BASTARD!"

Kei in a fit of rage lunged and grabbed Kurai's collar from the small window.

"Guards! Get this scum under control!"

Kurai simply shouted and feigned fear. The guards rush in and tased his arm and forcing him to let go of Kurai.

"To think you were the commander of this base..."

"I WAS SET UP! I AM INNOCENT!"

The guards paid no mind to Kei as they helped Kurai up.

"Commander Kurai, are you alright sir?"

Kurai fixes his uniform as he dusts himself off.

"At ease, I'm fine. Just go back to your posts, I'm finishing up here anyways."

The guards guards nod as they saluted Kurai before they return to their respective posts.

Kurai laughs and proceeds to taunt Kei one last time.

"No matter how much you try, no one would ever believe a mentally unstable criminal like you Nakazato."

"Not even your two daughters will believe you"

And that was the last time Kei heard from Kurai as he was left once more in his cold dark cell.