032.

CHERRY BLOSSOMS BLOOMED as winter turned into spring, signaling the start of a new school year.

Satoru became a second year, which was great, you think. It's the best year of high school. You don't have to think about entrance exams like third years, and you don't have to worry about making friends like first years.

New first years had entered your high school, which also meant new members for the team.

Shoko took a care of the briefing session yesterday with the first years, so today's practice would be the first day for you to meet them, along with rest of the team.

Satoru definitely was excited about them. "You know who I heard joined the team? Itadori Yuuji. He's crazy strong. And Fushiguro Megumi? He has serious potential." He rambled on as the two of you walked towards the gym.

Fushiguro Megumi, you weren't familiar with. Itadori, you've heard a couple of times. The boy with the kanji "tiger" is his name. It fit him, in a way. He was quick on his feet and stronger than a bull.

"And thanks to you, there's a bunch of girls who are trying out to be managers." You bitterly smiled. Shoko had texted you minutes before about the dozen of girls that showed up to the gym.

Satoru scrunched his nose. "Thanks to me?" He murmured to himself. When you approached the door to the gym, you turned to him, giving him the look that he was very usual with. "Don't talk to those girls." You warned him.

"Yes, ma'am." He cupped both sides of your face, pressing an aggressive kiss to your cheek. "You're so cute when you're serious."

You rolled your eyes in a desperate attempt to hide the blush that was rushing to your cheeks, and slammed open the door.

Just as Shoko said, there were a line of first years against the wall of the gym, all talking amongst each other and scoping out the players. Some turned towards you and Satoru as the two of you entered.

There was an excited sea of whispers when their eyes trained on Satoru, which didn't go unnoticed by either of you. You turned to him, and he raised his arms in defeat with a grin, immediately walking the opposite direction from the first years.

"Good morning, manager. Busy day for all of us." Shoko said tiredly, twisting her body and cracking a few joints. "Oh, cheer up, Shoko. There's gotta be someone here that isn't just here for the boys. Right?"

She stared at you silently, which gave you the answer you needed. You couldn't help but let out a sigh. "Let's just get this over with."  You grumbled as you walked in front of the line.

Slapping a small friendly smile on their face, you began speaking. "Hi, nice to meet you all." You started, then introduced yourself.

"I'm glad to see so many people interested in being the manager. Uh, I'm just going to tell you the basics of this club, and you can ask me questions after." Damn, you were getting deja vu.

Last year, you were saying these words to Airi.

"We have practice 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday, and 7 days a week before official games. The jobs of managers are to refill water bottles, wash jerseys, write down scores during practice matches and such."

"That's the captain," You pointed at the third year on the other side of the court, "That's our coach."

You explained as shortly as you could, looking around for questions. You bit the inside of your lip when you realized her half of them were looking behind you.

You turned around, and saw Geto, Satoru, and Itadori playfully trying to steal the basketball from one another.

Oh my god, they were all like a mini-Airi. "So, today, you don't have to do anything. You can just sit here, by the wall, and watch; kind of get the flow. If some of you are still interested tomorrow, then you can start helping us then." You smiled.