𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you're capable of whatever you're plotting?" You asked, tilting your head in a caring manner to show her you truly didn't mean any harm with the simple question. "Why? You scared I can't get a hold of myself?" The redhead shrugged, clearly not taking the question lightly as she seemed highly offended. "I was just asking." You bit your lip as your voice went soft, you weren't planning on upsetting her at all. "Well if you keep doubting me, I'm not sure you're in the right state of tagging along." The rage that overtook her voice managed to frighten you quite a bit as the attitude didn't disappear, but only invigorated. "Fuck, alright. I won't doubt you again." Your face radiated betrayal and hurt as you avoided Ellie's eyes, afraid of what you might witness. You couldn't even look at the anger your girlfriend had within her without fearing for some angry clapback at whatever you did or said. You had never felt intimidated like this by her ever before, and you didn't like one bit of it. 

The silence that filled the room caused you to remain hopeful as your gaze traveled back up to meet the redhead's eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow then." She nodded at you, and the look in her eyes told you she did feel guilty for getting angry at you, at least that's what it led you to believe. Ellie had never been a very readable person, and she surely wasn't going to open up about her feelings right now. You knew that all you could do in that moment was to nod at her and walk away, as it was your absolute nightmare to ever lose yourself at her, the way Ellie had done at you. "Get some rest, I love you." You softly said before walking out of your girlfriend's house, fighting the urge not to look back at her at least three times. "I love you too." A defeated voice sounded from the smaller room right as you made your way through the door, causing you to close it behind you with a satisfied feeling, knowing she had not lost all of her feeling yet.

————— ୨୧ —————

The way your name fell from Maria's lips made an odd feeling return to your gut, causing you to lay your hand over it, rubbing the fabric that covered your abdomen as you looked into her eyes. "You can't save her. I know you want to, but she'll just push you away if you try to force her feelings out of her. She needs to want to tell you." Maria let out a sigh as she looked into your eyes apologetically. The way you knew it was the absolute truth hurt the most, as your gaze traveled to the floor. You had not told her about your plan to travel to Seattle with both her husband and Ellie, and you surely weren't planning on telling her. It was best she remained oblivious to it all, as her attempts to stop the three of you would all fail terribly. Nothing and no one was going to talk you out of this. Over the past hour you spent debating it all, you began to adjust to the idea of getting revenge, and now it was all you could think about. You knew why it was so important to two of your favourite people, and because of that, it became important to you.

"You need to get some rest." The older woman studied your face as her eyes fell to your sleep deprived eyes, accented by the dark circles that had made its way below them. Even though you so badly wanted Tommy and Ellie to rest, you hadn't found a proper way to let yourself catch any sleep yet. "I will." You lied before walking away from Maria, immediately entering your room. You dropped onto your bed as the thoughts overtook both you and your brain. Ever since you returned from the hotel, the motivation to do anything other than care for the people who were hurt had left, leaving you almost depressed when alone. 

You normally adored your alone time, and valued any spare hour you had to be on your own. The sudden change in actions didn't even pass you as your mind was too focused on two of the people you loved most in this world. You knew how important this was to them, and you so badly wanted to help them, no matter what it took. The urge to satisfy others had been one of your main traits ever since you were just a little girl, and you couldn't resist the opportunity whenever it was given. It felt like a good thing most of the time, but could also be a true curse during other moments.