WITCH .ᐟ : r. sukuna

Start from the beginning

"My cat..." Y/N murmurs depressingly, uncaring of the fact that the cat technically wasn't hers.

Unfortunately for her, Y/N doesn't even have time to mourn her failure as footsteps near the room she stood in— the familiar malignant presence lingering in the open doorway, the feeling of eyes drilling into the back of her skull weighing heavy against her.

"...Sukuna." Y/N greets, annoyance evident as she eyes the curse with a look of clear agitation. "You lost me another cat."

Vaguely, Y/N was glad that at least this time the cat didn't die— maybe it running away was better than whatever it would be subjected to if Y/N caught it.

"You still spend your time chasing after those useless creatures?" Sukuna merely questions back— a mildly unimpressed look being the only display of emotion on his otherwise uncaring face.

"They're cute!" Y/N defends, huffing out an annoyed breath as she forces off the pout that attempted to settle on her face— the action seeming all too childish for Y/N to allow.

"What are you even here for, anyway?" Y/N questions, rolling her eyes as she leans against the windowsill, the warm rays of the setting sun contrasting her unnaturally cold skin.

Y/N just barely manages to catch the unreadable expression that crosses Sukuna's face, red eyes swirling with unreadable emotions before instantly switching back to the indifferent look he normally carries.

...Y/N really doesn't want to bother to try and understand whatever that was.

"Also, Uraume didn't accompany you? I found something that may help with the frostbite that they—" Y/N continues talking as she steps towards one of the various cabinets in the room, pushing the miscellaneous objects out of the way in search of a specific vial.

Pausing briefly in the middle of her ranting to make a humming noise, Y/N turns to face Sukuna again, holding a vial with a transparent liquid contained in it. "—and since blood cells normally become narrow during the effects of frostbite, this should help expand them again— ergo, letting more blood flow!"

Y/N finishes her explanation with a grin, one hand on her hip as the other holds the vial. Her expression lasts for a brief moment before her eyes open again, her expression falling into a more neutral one as she sighs.

"It's still in the testing stages, so don't kill me if it doesn't work completely or the effects are too slow— this is something that will help for the time being while I try and make— or find — something that will permanently help them with the issue."

Y/N swirls the liquid once before setting it down on the circular table in the middle of the room, placing it in the center of one of the more circular symbols engraved onto the wood. Y/N's lips quirk up briefly in satisfaction before coughing and turning away, a barely noticeable pink tint to her face.

"So.. what did you come here for again?" Y/N asks again, just now realizing that she never allowed Sukuna to answer the first time.

Fortunately, the curse had only continued to stare at Y/N with an unreadable expression— the one that made Y/N feel like Sukuna was staring through her to peer inside her soul rather than just at her.

This guy is seriously weird.

Y/N doesn't dare to allow her thoughts or discomfort to show on her face, keeping up an impatient expression as she awaits the curse's answer.

"Repayment." Sukuna answers curtly, confusing Y/N momentarily until a blur of tan and red gets tossed at her— startling her as she rushes to catch the object that seems to be around the size of her head.

"Wha—" Y/N goes to question before her eyes finally land on the object— it now making all too much sense as to why it seemed to be the size of her head.

"Gross." Y/N comments, although her tone was light as an amused smile spreads on her lips, shifting to hold the decapitated head more securely

"But thanks! You could've done just the eyes, y'know— and the teeth, maybe." Y/N punctuates her point as she presses her thumb against the jelly-like texture of the person's lifeless eye.

Two pairs of red eyes narrow at her, Sukuna's expression being one of half-hearted irritation, "Ungrateful brat."

"Thanks though, seriously!" Y/N gives the curse a bright grin, sincerity gleaming in her eyes before she turns her gaze back toward the decapitated head.

"Now, what to use you on... ah, I think—"

Tuning out the rest of her nonsensical ranting, Sukuna watches as the witch digs through her cluttered shelves in search of the items she needs.

Eventually, she does find it— at the cost of it hitting her straight in the face. Muttering her irritation under her breath, Y/N remains blissfully unaware of the gaze boring into her with an indescribably fond look.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

VISIONARY©-solarsaint

VISIONARY
©-solarsaint