Thirty five people

Start from the beginning

"I'll tell you one thing, Fyodor." The bomber said. "Actually, two things. First off, my name is Kaji." Fyodor nodded. "It's nice to meet you, Kaji." Fyodor said. Then, he realized what he was saying. "Well, it's not nice you're holding the train hostage, and you're about to attack me, but it's nice to make your acquaintance." Kaji smiled. "It's nice to meet you too, Fyodor. But now, I have to get back to my second point. What my power is."

Fyodor waited while Kaji gave himself a dramatic pause. "They call me the lemon bomber." Kaji said triumphantly. Fyodor blinked in surprise. "Because you make lemons explode by touching them?" He asked. That...was a strange ability. Fyodor would never look at a lemon the same way again. "No, because I'm immune to bombs that are shaped like lemons." That was stranger. How did Kaji even figure out he had an ability like that? "Wait a minute, that doesn't make you the lemon bomber." Fyodor said. "That makes you the lemon-shaped-bomb-bomber!"

Fyodor realized he was now pointing an accusatory finger at Kaji, but he didn't care. Kaji had misrepresented himself by calling himself the lemon bomber, when in fact, he couldn't turn lemons into bombs. That was false advertising. "I suppose I am." Kaji said. "But lemon shaped bomb bomber just sounds clunky." Fyodor crossed his arms. "Well, that doesn't make you any less of a lemon shaped bomb bomber."

Kaji was getting annoyed now. "Hey, Fyodor, if you're so curious about my lemon bombs, why don't you take a closer look?" Fyodor wasn't a person with the most social skills ever, but he knew that Kaji was now threatening to throw a lemon shaped bomb at him. Fyodor did the only thing he could think of. He'd seen this in a movie once. He started singing, then crouched down and charged. Most people have some kind of badass battle cry before they tackle their opponent. Fyodor just thought it would throw Kaji off his game if he started singing.

Fyodor and Kaji hit the ground hard, and Fyodor was sure he'd be feeling it for a week. Fyodor surged forwards while Kaji was still down, and grabbed the bright yellow bomb. "Hah!"  Fyodor said. "I will now defuse your lemon shaped bomb." He then pulled the blue wire, rendering the bomb useless. "You've been defeated."

Fyodor then realized that Kaji was sitting up, and unbuttoning his coat. "Ah, not quite." He said, and Fyodor felt a pit in his stomach. "The main thing I was supposed to do wasn't to kill you, Fyodor of the agency." Kaji said triumphantly. "It was to separate the last car from the rest of the train." Oh. Oh, crap. Fyodor knew what was about to happen, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Kaji threw off his coat, and Fyodor watched in horror as at least twenty giant lemon shaped bombs spilled out.

Massive explosions rocked the cabin, and shattered the wall behind Kaji. Kaji grabbed one of the seats for dear life as the train cars separated, and Fyodor and Kaji's cabin started to grind to a halt. It was a good thing they weren't on a hill, because Fyodor did not want to go falling backwards like you would in a cartoon. "Well." Kaji finally said. "It worked." He proceeded to cackle maniacally before suddenly stopping. "I don't want to hurt my voice." He finally said. He sat down, and looped his legs over the now wide open back of the train car. Kaji pulled a small deck of cards out of his pocket. "Wanna play?" He asked. Fyodor shrugged. It wasn't like there was anything else he could do. All he could do was hope that Maya and Jouno had done better than him. "Higher or lower?"

*

Jouno steadied himself against one of the standing poles while the train rocked. "What was that?" Jouno asked, already fearing the answer. "The rest of the train being separated from us." Maya said, and she didn't sound too upset about it. "You knew that was coming." She nodded. "Yes, but that means that Fyodor and the rest of the civilians are out of harm's way." Maya naming Fyodor among the civilians didn't go unnoticed. "That means they want us alone." Jouno said. Maya nodded again. "Elementary, my dear Jouno." She said. "They're after you." Ah. Of course they are. "Why?" Jouno asked. "Because they're being paid to." That didn't really answer Jouno's question. "I can't tell more. Someone put a block on my power." That sounded ominous, but Jouno didn't have long to think about it before he heard the sound of a very familiar ability user approaching.