"She was almost devoured." He sighed and faced me.

"His name is Tyler, and he will be the next Lycan king in a few months, while I am his best friend, what about you? What's your name and why are you here in this thick forest all alone knowing how dangerous it could be?" Jace asked dapping my bleeding forehead with his napkin.

"My name is Lena." I heaved a deep breath. "My parents died in an accident so I was taken in by the Alpha. I.. ran away from my pack to save my life. They want to kill me."

"Why?" He asked curiosity brimmed in his eyes.

"I was almost raped by....

"Aghhhh..." Tyler grunted, interrupting as he seethed through his teeth glaring at me. "Spare us those lies."

" I swear I am not lying...."

He scoffed and turned to Jace, "Can we fucking leave now? You are done saving her from the vampires. What next? She should continue her journey while we return home. No need asking her anything." He huffed but Jace saw how I hung my head low sniffing tears as they ran down my cheeks so he held my hand gently.

I looked up at him in surprise. I thought he would leave me.

"Can't you see she still needs help? We can't just leave her out here. What if another group of vampires attacks her again? And she is wounded." He told Tyler who narrowed his eyes at him.

"So what do you intend to do? You know the rule!" He said the last part with so much emphasis.

What rule?

Jace took back his hand and left me. My heart sank into my stomach, dear rising to choke me as I thought of being left here. Another vampire might not come , but those chasing me would have the chance to finally catch up.

I watched as Jace whispered something to Tyler and after that Tyler hissed and walked away immediately after giving me a death glare.

"Why does he hate me so much?" I mumbled, swallowing back the urge to cry. It hurts more than I could imagine.

Jace turned to me with a reassuring smile that gave me hope. He walked toward me and held my hand. "Smile and wipe those tears. I will be taking you to the our kingdom."

We finally reached our destination, and I was really amazed at how vast and developed it was. It was way better than my pack, with so many gigantic structures. The tallest was the castle, which can be seen even before you cross the boundary.

The gate opened by itself after Jace muttered some words that I couldn't even hear.

Jace took me into the castle and eyes of everyone we met on the way trailed at me with an expression I couldn't understand but it wasn't a funny one.

Together, we went to every room that was empty but they were all locked and the guards at the doors informed him that Tyler had given order for it to stay locked. I am sure it was all because of me.

"We will be staying in my room for now," he said with a sigh. "Don't worry, it's big enough and you will be staying for some days before having your own room."

I only nodded, finding it hard to talk because of how pained I felt with the way Tyler was treating me.

Jace room was large enough for two of us. He has a foldable bed where he slept on while he offered the bed to me even when I rejected it, he insisted.

My wounds were properly treated by their doctors and life became great again.

Tyler's parents were out of town, for a meeting in another pack so I didn't meet them yet.

My first day in training school which was two days after my arrival here marvelled me.

The level of strength and abilities everyone possessed here was mind-blowing and left me awestruck. They kept doing things that I would swear were impossible.

Although I wasn't the only werewolf in here, the rest were almost like the Lycans, intensely trained and built differently in a way that one would mistake them for Lycans.

I could pass as the weakest, being wolfless at the age of 18 while every one of my age mates now has amazing abilities to fight with their inner wolf form.

They already had all their senses sharpened and every one of them being so good in different tactics and styles of fighting.

Their fighting skills were on another level, and all I could do was stand at the side and stare with widened eyes. I felt like an outcast among them.

I knew it would be very hard for me to cope even when Jace tried reassuring me that I would later get better and better until I'm just like the others.

I don't even have an inner wolf which is the basic requirement.

In my first week of visiting the training ground, I was always accompanied by Jace and didn't join in the training, just watching from the corner with him.

Everyone, including the teacher, gave me so much respect, and the students didn't even say anything to me other than greetings.

I didn't know all that was simply out of respect for Jace who was with me.

That one week was the best moment of my life, except that I didn't get to see Tyler. He rarely comes to the training grounds, and I hadn't come across him once. The palace and floor of his room were places the guards won't allowed to tread.

Jace was really nice and friendly, taking me around and showing me a lot of beautiful places in the kingdom.

My favorite place became the blue river in the forest. I love nature and sitting there to watch the river and waterfall while the bird sings and the cool, heartwarming breeze slaps my skin.

It was so exciting and refreshing for me to have my life be great just when I thought it was going to be hell.

My wounds were healing rapidly, and I was regaining a lot of weight, with my flesh getting fresher.

In two weeks, I had become strong and perfectly fine.

Then, just one morning, everything changed. I woke up in a different room with no sign of Jace but that was the least of what should bother me.