Chapter 2

Recap from chapter 1...

Hopping onto the late night Trolley, I decided to sit inside since it was getting cold. I put a band around my pile of roses to keep them as one and its easier to hold for me. Finally coming to my stop, I hopped off with a yawn and opened the front door to my home. Creeping silently to the kitchen since everyone was sleeping, I grabbed the bowl of chicken soup in the fridge and heated it up in a pot. For some reason, eating downstairs at night with barley any light creeps me out so I went upstairs carefully and quietly to my room. I hummed with every bite and sip of my soup, my mother always made the best food. I changed into a medium tight night gown and lowered the lights to a dim setting, placing my new bouquet of roses in a vase full of water on my window seal where the moon light can fill them up with light. Tucking myself into bed, I hugged my pillow on my side and finally drifted off to sleep to repeat tomorrow like today.

//

Waking up to a nice sweet smell, I sat up in my bed with a yawn. I looked out my window at the beautiful early morning scene thats outside of it. Hopping out of bed and sliding to the bathroom across from my room, I took a steamy shower and got ready for work. 

Finishing up, I dried my hair while walking downstairs to greet my parents and sister in the kitchen eating. I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the table, "Good morning fam" I smiled taking a sip out of my drink. Mom placed down pancakes with syrup and butter on top, kissing my cheek, "Good morning dear" I smiled up at her then looked at my dad reading the newspaper, "How was work yesterday?" Questioning while cutting up my pancakes and taking bites. "Same old same old, just more piles of paper to be sent out everday" My father works in a office department for outgoing mail and in coming mail. My sister just sat quietly consuming in her pancakes. Taking my last bite of my food and drinking the last drop of my coffee, I got up and washed my dishes placing them on the counter beside the sink to dry. "I'm gonna leave for work early so I can talk to some of the workers and listen to jazz longer on the way. Bye guys have a good day, I love you" With that being said, I kissed my mothers and fathers cheek, then gave my little sister a tight hug before exiting my home and hopping onto the on coming morning Trolley.

I felt the morning breeze brush through my hair as I hung onto the bar outside at the end of the Trolley where most can find me. I hopped off at the stop before the I'm supposed to so I can get a good morning walk. I brushed my finger tips through my hair while listening to the morning slow jazz from a band near by, I tipped them some change I had in my pocket as they just smiled at me and kept playing. Making my way down the street, I came across this radio station building. A young man with glasses was walking up the small stair case about to unlock the door until he saw me and made eye contact. He was smiling the whole time while looking down at me, I smiled back and then hit me. "Hey your that new face at the jazz club from last night right?" He hummed walking down the steps to fully greet me, "Yes hello, the names Alastor, my dear" As he held out his hand. I thought he was going for a handshake so as I gently placed my hand into his palm, he bent down and kissed my knuckles. "No need to be formal, Alastor" I lightly chuckled. "It's very proper to greet a women like you with that, just my opinion." He continued to smile down at me since he was taller. I smiled tucking some strands behind my ear, "That is very kind of you" He bowed, "My mother raised me well, where are you off to?" Straightening up his posture with one arm behind his back like a gentleman. "Well I work as a waitress during the day time at the cafe called "Oak Trees", my shift starts at 12:00 pm but I'm out early to get in a good walk and hear the tunes of the New Orleans jazz players who never rest." He lightly chuckled lightly, "I was going into the office quite early too, would you like me to escort you on this walk to your cafe" Still with the same smile as earlier. I hummed to myself thinking, he seems like a nice guy. "Sure, why not if thats not a problem" He held out his arm for me to hold onto, I graciously accepted it and we made our way down the sidewalk together arm in arm.