𝔗𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔟𝔩𝔢

Start from the beginning

    "No lo harás. You won't." He taunted. "Heard you're captain now. Won't be good if you catch a record."

    Sol cocked her head to the side. "¿Parece que me importe una mierda algún disco?" (Do I look like I give a shit about any record?)

    "Okay, Cap." Jasper stands from the table. "Maybe you come have a seat now?" Sol gave him a look and he sits back down. "Okay, maybe not."

    "Listen to your teammate, Solace." Kevin said. "Or come and try to land a hit if you're so sure you can." He taunted, walking closer to his sister.

    "Sol..." Yvette said. "Please don't."

    Leslie nodded and agreed with Yvette. "Come take a seat, Captain."

    "I'll get ya next time, Kev." Sol glared at him and turned around. She could hear Kevin laughing. And that's when she thought, how much trouble will one punch do?

    She turned around and punched him square in the nose. He stumbled back and tripped, falling onto the stone floors. Yvette ran up to check to see if he was okay and a nearby lunch lady yelled, "Unacceptable behavior! Detention after school, young lady!"

    "Landed a hit, eh?" Sol looked down to her older brother. Carter pulled her back to the table and they continued eating their lunch and varsity skidaddled.

⋆ ★

    Sol was very much annoyed at having detention.

    After six period, she got a slip and was escorted to the detention hall. She stayed there for a whole forty-five minutes. She ended up sketching a picture of a butterfly. She folded it and put it in her pocket when detention ended.

    She ran to the lockers and got dressed into her gear. She was done in no less then five minutes. She went to the rink and everyone looked at her when she skated onto the ice.

    "Germaine, you're late by half an hour." Athos turned to her.

    "Had detention." She grumbled.

    Anne crossed her arms. "Don't get it again." She warned and Sol nodded.

    Sol skated up to the team and saw that Julian was sitting on the bench while Sebastian, Myers, and Donovan were in the penalty box and they either looked pissed or annoyed. Athos began to talk some more but Sol wasn't listening.

    She noticed Yvette hadn't looked or talked to her since lunch and she was next to Hayley instead of next to her. She also noticed everyone was breathing really heavy and they were all sweaty.

    After another fifteen minutes of the coaches talking, they were dismissed to the lockers. "Man, coach is not going easy on us." Jasper huffed, sliding off his purple jersey.

    Warner looked at his jersey. "When did he say we were getting new jerseys?"

    "A week before our game against the Falcons." Hayley answered, pulling off her pads. "So, in two days time." They all got dressed and headed out of the lockers.

    "You guys want to do something?" Keenan asked the team. "Like go about town or something?"

    The team contemplated it for a moment before agreeing and they left the school into town. They made their way to this diner downtown and took up two booths.

    Sol, Max, Carter, Julian, Jasper, Sebastian, and Warner were in one booth, the rest in the other. Yvette didn't want to sit with her siblings, so she sat with Hayley instead. When the waitress came by they ordered some fries and milkshakes.