"What's a siphon?" Questioned Jasper.

"Siphons or siphoners are a small subsection of witches or warlocks born without the ability to generate their own magic but do possess a rare power that allows them to take also known as siphon magic from other sources and use that magic for their own purposes. My magic changed after I was turned as did Kol's but vampires should loose their magic after becoming a vampire if they lose their witch side like my oldest brother Finn."

"You're lucky then." He said.

"That I am. As is my twin."

"You're beautiful you know that Klaus." Jasper to Klaus.

Klaus smiled at her mate as her cheeks flamed up pink, "Thank you Jasper."

"I would kiss that adorable face of yours if we weren't in school where anyone could catch us." He told her.

"One that's out of school and two a date before you kiss me." She told him softly.

"Okay this Friday?" He questioned and she smiled and nodded. "I need words Klaus but just for your information we're not going anywhere in Forks as everyone is so nosy."

"Okay," She muttered as her cheeks were pinker than usual. "We can go on a date Friday."

He kissed her cheek and the bell rang. "Well Jasper get to your next class before the other students get suspicious."

He chuckled and bid her a goodbye. The class then started to roll in. And just like that she went back into teaching mode.

***

She was teaching her students about when different music and music periods began, "Opera music began in Florence with a group of musicians, artists, statesmen and writers known as the Florentine Camerata who sought to recreate Greek drama storytelling through music. Many consider Jacopo Peri's composition "Dafne" in 1597 to be the first opera."

A student raised their hand, "Why is it called Florence Ms. Klaus."

She smiled at the young student which reminded her of a younger version of Finn always wanting to learn anything and everything, "It was founded in 59 BC by Julius Caesar, who named the settlement Florentia -meaning "flourishing"— and designated it a haven for retired military veterans. However overtime and as settlers moved in they changed the name from Florentina to Florence."

"Now back to musical history. The Baroque music is characterized by stern musical forms and highly ornamental pieces. This style commenced in Europe around the early 1600s and continued until approximately 1750. Famous Baroque composers include Bach, Handel and Monteverdi." She said softly as she was standing by the piano. "Music of the Classical Period is characterized as being lighter and less strict than Baroque music. Highlights of the Classical era include the composing of symphonies, the piano sonata's development and comic operas. Famous composers of the Classical period include Mozart, Beethoven and Haydn."

She then walked to the front of the classroom, "As much as I dislike talking about religion as people come from many different religions I must talk of the genre that is Christian music as a music genre came from it."

Most students understood why she was saying that, "Traced to the early 17th century, Gospel music is a genre of Christian music whose creation and performance in the form of sacred songs and hymns varies according to different cultures. Gospel music typically features dominant vocals including strong harmonies often repeated in a call and response fashion."

She then looks at her vampire students, "Music of the Romantic era is characterized by personal emotional expression with an emphasis on individuality and originality including the experimentation and freedom of form. Orchestras grew larger in size during this period. Famous Romantic period composers include Chopin, Schumann and Tchaikovsky."

She smiled as she thought of the next genre of musical, "Ragtime music is believed to have begun with Scott Joplin's "Maple Time Rag." This genre is largely characterized by its syncopated "ragged time" rhythms. Said to be a forerunner of jazz, this American music was heavily influenced by minstrel-show tunes, African American banjo playing plus aspects of European music. Jazz originated in New Orleans in the late 1890's."

Suddenly Kol walked in with a crying baby in his arms making her look at him alarmed, "Kol what did you do to my baby?"

"I didn't do anything Niki! I think Florence just wants her mom. She won't eat and has been crying nonstop since she woke up." He sighed making her look at him.

She took her baby in her arms and the little girl immediately calmed down in her mother's arms and sniffled, "Hi baby mama's yes baby it's okay."

She stroked her daughter's cheek and Florence gripped her mother's finger with her tiny hand, "Kol you brought her bottle right?"

He nodded and handed her the bottle. "I would play the piano but I'm shit at playing the piano and she only falls asleep to a lullaby."

The bronze haired Cullen raised his hand, "I can play the piano Ms. Klaus if you'd like."

"I would appreciate that Mr. Cullen." She said softly.

The bronze haired Cullen walked over and sat down to start playing the piano.

The Mikaelson blonde started humming with her daughter in her arms and then started singing a lullaby to her little girl, "There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No I never heard them at all till there was you
There were birds in the sky but I never heard them winging
No I never saw them at all till there was you"

The little girl was drinking her milk in her mother's arms she let out a small burp when she was done so her mother burped her and started rocking the little girl in her arms, "Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me of sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew
There was love all around but I never heard it singing"

Her little eyes closed as she yawned softly, "No I never heard it all till there was you"

Her little snores were heard making her mother smile rocking her baby softly in her arms placing a kiss on the small baby. "Kol."

He understood what she meant and took the small girl into his arms, "She should be up in the next four hours so I'll be home by then but if she isn't make sure that you play my music recording."

"Okay." He kissed his sister's forehead goodbye and took the little girl and left.

"Okay so where were we?"

"Who was that little girl?" Questioned a girl sitting next to Angela.

"My youngest child that was my daughter Florence Mikaelson who will only fall asleep with a lullaby." She explained softly. "Kol just takes care of her while I'm at school teaching."

The student nodded, "Okay so where was I oh right blues music..."

That's how the class went on her teaching the students of different musical periods. Jasper smiled he could tell she was happy and that's all he ever asked for.

_____________

QOTD: Do you feel you look better in darker or lighter colors
AOTD: Definitely lighter colors everyone I know says I look better in lighter colors and the only darker colors I feel look good on me are burgundy, emerald green or black