The elevator opened directly to their penthouse, Irene opened the door and answered Emma. "Uhm, no po. My parents and Don Luis bought it for us."

Emma nodded as they went inside. Nilibot ni Emma ang tingin niya sa buong penthouse, maaliwalas at mabango. Not the design that she would go for but it's nice, simple, and modern.

"You have a nice home..." Emma complimented.

Irene smiled, "Thank you, Ma."

Emma sat on the couch while Irene brought her mother-in-law's things inside the unused drawer in her walk-in closet. Agad niyang binalikan ang biyenan niya sa sala. She proceeded to go to the kitchen to prepare dinner for both of them.

"Naglilinis naman ba si Greggy dito? Is he helping you around here?" tanong ni Emma habang tinitingnan ang mga furniture, Irene was cooking adobo.

Napatawa ng maikli si Irene, "Oo naman po. He usually cooks for us pag maaga po siyang nakauwi, he washes his own laundry, and he cleans up whenever he's free."

"I know he would. My Greggy is a clean freak. You know, when he was a child, his room was the cleanest among his sisters. Tinitignan kasi ni Luis 'yon pagdating niya ng bahay." kwento ni Emma at tumayo katabi si Irene.

Irene nodded and smiled, fascinated about her husband through his mother's stories. "Clean freak po talaga... He sometimes arranges my vanity table po, 'yung closet rin po namin."

"I'm so glad that he's not like his father, hindi ginagawang katulong ang asawa." Emma said bitterly at umupo sa dining chair.

Napawi ang ngiti ni Irene. Being Don Luis' wife must be hard, she thought. Unintentionally, seems like Emma was a trophy wife to Don Luis. Now, she understands her mother-in-law, Irene knows that it took a lot of courage for Emma to leave.

Not too long, their dinner is served. They ate adobo together. When Emma took her first bite, Irene was watching her carefully, trying to see Emma's reaction for her cooking. Tumango-tango ito.

"My son hit the jackpot, huh? You're a good cook!" Emma complimented which made Irene smile brightly.

They went on with their night. Emma volunteered to wash the dishes but Irene didn't let her. Irene turned on their television para naman malibang ang biyenan niya. She then joined Emma in the living room after she cleaned up.

Both of the ladies were enjoying their movie, and with the popcorn that Irene prepared when suddenly, the door opened. Nagtinginan ang dalawa at nagulat.

"It must be Greggy," pabulong na sabi ni Emma, she is clearly nervous.

"Irene? I'm home!" Greggy announced from the doorstep.

All Irene could do was bite her lower lip and face this reality. Irene stood up and greeted Greggy at the doorstep, she trying to distract him. "Hey.."

"Hi, nag dinner ka na?" tanong ni Greggy habang hinuhubad ang sapatos niya.

"Uhm.. I thought you weren't coming home? Ang sudden naman..." she nervously uttered.

Greggy loosened his tie and walked to the house, "Cancelled 'e, may lakad— What are you doing here?" gulat na sabi ni Greggy nang makita si Emma sa couch nila.

He looked back at Irene and saw her guilty face, his brows furrowed. Nilingon niya ulit ang ina. "What the heck are you doing here?!" halos pasigaw niyang sabi.

Irene walked towards Emma and tried to hide her mother-in-law behind her. "Greggy..."

"Care to explain?! You've been seeing that woman behind my back! Ilang araw mo na 'tong tinatago sa'kin!? You know my current stand with her, Irene, and yet you are clearly neglecting it!" galit na sabi ni Greggy.