Chapter 1

It is 2:25 p.m. at Greenwood Indiana high school. The green grass is swaying in the summer wind. The tree leaves are beautiful light green. The school sat next to its own parking lot with many different cars. In the school room 229 Balthazar is staring off into space instead of listening to his math teacher Mr Cypress telling them a story about what happened to him on his last summer vacation. Baltazar is a 19 year old young man. He dresses in a goth style. He usually wears a black t-shirt Tripp pants ,Tripp trench coat, has long black hair with red highlights, his eye color is a beautiful phantom blue. The bell rang at 2:30. Balthazar got up grabbed his book bag and walked out the classroom.As was walking down the hall he seen his beautiful girlfriend Pyra. Pyra is a beautiful 18 year old teenager. She has natural red hair and has beautiful sparkling sapphire eyes. She was a cross country runner, but her parents took her out of running and put her in band and choir. Balthazar put his book bag on the ground and snuck up behind Pyra and lightly put his arms around her waist. Pyra jumpped for a second but then realized it was her boyfriend Balthazar. "Hey beautiful, are you ready for summer vacation?" Balthazar whispered to Pyra. Pyra started to look at the ground in a slow sad motion. Balthazar could tell something was wrong with Pyra and wondered what was on her mind. "What's wrong? Did I say or do something wrong?" Balthazar asked. "No, it's just that I'm moving and I really don't want to leave you behind." She told him as a single tear rolled down her cheek. Balthazar was upset and didn't want her to leave but she had to go to college and start her adult life. "When will you be leaving and where is the college?" "It's in florida, and if you help me I can be fully packed and ready to go by Sunday." Balthazar was feeling extremely upset about his girlfriend leaving, but knew that he had to be supportive, so he wiped the tears from her cheeks and gave her a kiss filled with love and support. "Why don't we go over go my locker so I can get my trench coat and I can give you a ride home." Balthazar smiled and continued with "You know you love my 1969 Z28 Camero." Pyra gave him a small smile and replied with "That does sound better than riding the bus." Smiling at each other, Balthazar and Pyra grabbed their things out of their lockers, which were right next to each other, and left the school. Trying to make Pyra laugh, Balthazar attempted to jump through the open window, but smacked his head on the roof. Pyra doubled over laughing and ran to his side to help him into the car. Rubbing his head, he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. The silence in the car was not uncomfortable or akaward but it was a warm understanding silence. Balthazar wanted Pyra to laugh so he picked up the speed, going 85 in a 45 mph zone. When Pyra giggled, he jumped up to 100 making her laugh out loud. Between laughs Pyra said "If you don't slow down you'll get us a speeding ticket!" "Okay! Okay! I'll slow down." Balthazar slowly pressed down on he brakes, bringing the car down to the speed limit. Sooner than either of them would've liked, they pulled into her driveway. Without even saying goodbye, Pyra got out of the car. Just as he went to lay his head on the steering wheel, Balthazar felt the amazib sweetness of her lips on his. This kiss was more passionate than any they had shared before. He would never forget this moment. "Hey, Pyra, I have a special suprise for you. Meet me out here at 1:30 on Sunday before you leave." "Okay, I'll be here. Can you promise me something?" "Of course baby, anything." "Never forget me Balthazar." "I never will in a thousand years forget your beautiful face." Then, Pyra left into the house, knowing that she would see him again two in just two days.