"Go on. Upstairs to bed. I'll see you in the morning." He says, pointing in the direction of the stairs. I sigh slightly.

"Come on. I was joking." I whine slightly, holding my arms out to the side and throwing my head back.

"I warned you and you took it too far. Go to bed." He states, raising his eyebrows and standing up off the sofa. I sigh dramatically before turning round and walking away.

"Have a good time in bed." I say while laughing to myself slightly.

"Emilie." Charles calls after me angrily, telling me off for carrying on the joke. He doesn't seem to find it funny though.

"Sorry." I say back to him loudly, before walking upstairs. I change into my pyjamas and get into bed. I wrap myself up in my blanket and lay down, closing my eyes. I'm tired, I've had a long day.

Shit. My homework. I didn't do my homework. My teacher is going to kill me. I'm definitely going to have a detention tomorrow.

I'm comfy now. I'm not getting up.

I eventually drift off to sleep.

•~•~•~•~•~

"Come on kid. Time to get up." Charles says, tapping my shoulder to wake me up. I jolt awake but immediately relax once I see it's Charles. I was having a bad dream about my dad coming back and finding me.

"It's too early." I groan, covering my eyes with my arms as he opens my curtains, letting the morning sunlight flood in.

"I'm not having a debate about this. Get up." He states, pulling my covers off me and sighing slightly.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I state, opening my eyes and forcing myself to get up. I stand up out of my bed and follow Charles downstairs.

"Did Alex sleep on the side you usually do?" I ask, laughing slightly to myself as we walk down the stairs. He turns to look at me and gives me a look of disapproval.

I walk into the kitchen, and see Alex stood up making coffee. She's wearing a small strap top and some tiny shorts. Her body is literally perfect.

She turns around to face me, smiling at me when she sees me. I smile back at her and grab a glass out of the cupboard before filling it with fresh orange juice out the fridge.

I lean against the counter and down my drink in one go, before placing the glass on the island in front of me.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Charles asks, grabbing a bowl out of the cupboard and pouring himself some cereal.

"Nothing. I'm not hungry." I say quietly, avoiding eye contact and looking down at the floor. He furrows his eyebrows slightly and looks at me worriedly, so does Alex.

"You have to eat something." He states, holding his bowl  full of milky cereal in one hand and fumbling around in the cutlery drawer for a spoon. I shake my head slightly and he sighs.

"Have this. I want it all gone." He adds, his voice firm and demanding. I sigh quietly as he slides the bowl of cereal across the island, towards me. I reluctantly pick it up, and begin eating the cereal.