One

The Neighbourhood - You Get Me So High
🎭

Seungmin was putting on his shoes and his jacket to go to class. Before crossing the door, he said a last goodbye to his roommate that will be leaving later. The boy was eating breakfast in the living room at that moment.

Every Tuesday was really busy for Seungmin. The brunette was a literature student. He had philosophy and french in the morning and ancient language in the after noon.

Fortunately enough for him, he could go to university by foot. What was removing a tiring task in his day.

While arriving at uni, he met Jeongin, a friend of his with who he was going to have his first course. On the way to the class, Seungmin greeted many of his acquaintances before entering the room. He noticed that the groups of conversation seemed really busy. Usually it was pretty calm, as if now a rumor was going around. The brunette decided not to care about that.

The young men entered and settled next to each other in the amphitheater. After a moment, the course began.

During a break where the professor was distributing the copies, noises were heard in the room.

Seungmin thought that is was the - before class - discussions that were happening in the corridors and that were continuing now. Contrary to his comrade, Jeongin was turned in the direction of the sounds and seemed even participating in the conversation.

During another break, his sidekick introduced the brunette to the reason of all this chaos that was happening this morning. The black haired boy explained that a big party was about to happen in the coming weeks.

Actually, it has been days that rumors were going around about this topic. Moreover, it was organized by a friend group really popular at uni, what makes it even more interesting and entertaining.

Now the rumor was official. Indeed, since this Tuesday invitations started to be exchanged and sent within the whole institution for the more fortunate students.

Seungmin understood why everyone was having this behavior. Being invited to this kind of party could show our popularity with others while participating in a cool event.

The young man was even astonished no to have received his own invitation yet. Indeed, Seungmin was part of the popular people at uni. He is a member of the Student Office. The post which guarantee being well seen and known by other students. It was also named 'Student Council'.

This responsibility had to be earn. You need to be a serious student, posses a certain management capacity and of course to have good grades and comments from the professors.

Each department of the university was represented by two to three students at the SO. Seungmin and two other of his comrade represented the department of Letters in their institute for example. The percent of students that was admitted at the Council compared to the number of student of the university was really low. That's why its members are acknowledged by everyone.

Moreover lots of his friends, including Jeongin, pointed out that he "knows everybody". This happened when he waved at someone in the corridors. The kind of person that his unknown by Seungmin's friends but not him. And this was happening for Jeongin to notice it.

Finally the morning ends which means for the literature student that it was time for lunch including a detour to the SO.

Exiting French class, he catches up with Jeongin and other of his comrades that were in his morning classes. During lunch the young man hoped for the conversation to be different than this morning's topic. But it wasn't the case.

So he ate faster than usual and joins the meeting room. The office was near others clubs rooms in the institute.

The brunette greeted all the already present members and when the group was complete, the meeting started. They began by talking about future projects. First concerning each department and then concerning the whole university. They put forward main problems. Some of the members dealt with it and the teachers afterward. Other topics were also in the discussion today.

At the end of the lunch break, Seungmin made his way to his afternoon class. At the middle of the ancient language course, he heard a vibration in the pocket where his phone was. He thought about consulting it later, thinking that it will concern the Council.

Courses ended and the young man walked to his apartment. Exiting his institute, he turned on his phone for the first time of the afternoon and opened the message he had received.

It concerned the reason of everyone's agitation today. Indeed, he just received his invitation for the famous party. The message mentioned other information. More precise ones concerning the theme, quite special and the date and time of the party.

Arriving home, he greeted his roommate that was already here. Contrary to the literature student, the audiovisual one had a less busy on Tuesdays.

Felix and Seungmin had dinner together as usual, talking about their day adventures. As Seungmin imagined, the subject of the party came back in their discussion. But contrary as his comrade, Felix shared the same thought as Seungmin.

They meet because of their shared apartment. The previous year the brunette started to rent this apartment that allowed him to be near his school. Including two rooms, he posted an online announcement mentioning that he was looking for a roommate. And so he received Felix's answer.

Felix studies in the same university as Seungmin but in the audiovisual field. This year it has been two years that they have been knowing each other and their are in their second year of post A-level studies.

Both students though that they will know each other only concerning their flat sharing but they ended up being even closer. They almost share everything.

Even if their go to the same university, the two men don't have that much occasions to see each other during the school days. Seungmin is really busy with the SO. Felix too is a member of a club.

Moreover, they are in different department and so on, in different building within their institute.

However, they know that they will find each other at the end of the day complaining about life. And this routine pleased both.