"She met me to accuse me of betraying her. I asked my maids to throw her out for the palace. Trust me , I didn't know how she died. I didn't murder her." 

Zixuan facial expressions relaxed. "GUARDS ! TAKE CONSORT AFREEN TO PRISON."

Afreen widens her eyes "You can't do that. My father ..."

"DO YOU THINK THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR MAIDS SPYING ON MY HAREM ? DO YOU THINK THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT  THE BETRAYAL, JIA-LI WAS TALKING ABOUT ?"

Zixuan grits his teeth "Afreen, I stayed silent because I never wanted a war. I never wanted a blood bath. But that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want, and I will tolerate it."

***

"Master ... Master ..."

Meimei runs in Yuzu's room with rushed breath. Yuzu passes Zhan to JieJie with a concerned face "his highness .. his highness order to arrest consort Afreen."

Yuzu takes the news with no surprise "for what ?"

"Jia-li's murder. Consort Afreen met Jia-li the night she was murdered."

Yuzu nods. "That's what I guessed. You don't need to worry about this Meimei. Why were you running?"

"Because empress dowager .. is comming here. She thinks you are farming consort Afreen."

Yuzu makes an O with his lips before indicating JieJie to leave through the secret door. He was half expecting this when Zixuan asked him to keep Zhan's identity a secret. If they can hurt Zhan once, they will do it again.

"You witch ! How dare you use my son against Afreen ?" Empress dowager didn't waste time for a single glance. She came like a thunderstorm.

Yuzu steps back to avoid her slap. She slaps the air. "I did nothing. If you don't trust me , ask your son."

"You did nothing, why did you escape with my son ?" She tries to grab Yuzu again but Yuzu moves swiftly out of her reach.

"I don't need to explain anything to you. Leave. This is my time to rest."

"Rest ? You will rest in hell !" Empress dowager shouts "guards ! Take this scum and throw him into the prison."

The guards who were standing behind empress dowager hesitates.

"You don't want to listen my order. Huh ?" Empress dowager shouts.

"TAKE HIM TO PRISON." Empress dowager shouts.

"For what crime , mother ?" Zixuan enters the room just in time. Meimei picks from Zixuan's back. She was in time.

Empress dowager looks at her son with rising anger "you are asking for what ? For framing Afreen ! Just because Afreen doesn't listen to him , he framed Afreen as a murder !"

"Afreen herself confessed that she met Jia-li that night." Zixuan stands in front of his mother.

"So what ? Does that mean she murdered her ? No ! But this scum has brainwashed you in a way that you can't see the simple truth. Zixuan , he is no better than Tao."