"Tumhe Umeed ka kese pata hai, aur kaun hai Saveira? Mere peechay tum kya kya kar rahe ho?" Farjaad was quick with his words, his tone spewing with repulsion. He had tried everything to put the two and two together but nothing added up.

"Itni energy apne deadlifts mein daal lo tou shayd apne record beat kar sako." Yusuf completely overlooked the conversation, not wanting to explain anything that even he himself did not understand.

"Yusuf zyada bakwaas na karo, jaldi batao usko kese jaante ho." Farjaad did not budge, badly wanting answers. He couldn't pinpoint at what it was that had him bothered, but he wanted to get to the bottom of how Yusuf was linked to Umeed. Why he was linked to Umeed. It annoyed Farjaad only because she was his colleague. That was the only reason. Only reason.

"Jis din tumne mujhe uske ghar bhijwaya tha, her friend Saveira opened the door. Un dono se achi introduction mil gayi thi. Phir kuch bhi nahi, I saw Saveira at the restaurant yesterday with one of her clients. Mene Umeed ka poocha you usne bataya ke she is extremely unwell and has been overworking herself." Yusuf shrugged, trying his best to keep nonchalant without revealing too much. He did not exactly lie, but he didn't say the whole truth either.

"Haan shabash, tum dostiyan karte raho." Farjaad nodded with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Aur tum us bechari ki jaan nikalte raho. Mene tou phir bhi tumhe aik warning di, Savi bata rahi thi-"

"Savi?" Farjaad exclaimed, Yusuf cursing himself but ignoring his own slip of tongue.

"Bata rahi thi ke Umeed ki tabiyat kaafi kharab ho jaati hai. Wo apni body exhaust kar leti hai. Mein jitna tumhe jaanta hun ye bata dun ke go easy. She's a nice girl" Yusuf was a little more serious this time, meaning what he was saying. He genuinely did find Umeed to be a nice polite girl. It was the personality crash with Farjaad that made Farjaad think of her differently.

"Nice girl?" Warning bells began ringing in Farjaad's ears. And it was not in the waa Yusuf could think. He was not alarmed about Yusuf complementing her, but rather finding her to be nice. "Bhai, tumhari niyyat mujhe samajh nahi aa rahi." He said a bit more seriously, praying that it was not what he was thinking.

"Haye haye no I'd never be interested in Umeed. Choti behnon jesi hai yaar." Yusuf shook his head, understanding where Farjaad was headed with it and ending that trail of thought immediately.. Farjaad was relieved for a moment before his eyes shot back at his friend.

"Behen?" He questioned loudly, enough for that the person doing the weights besides him took an earphone out and looked over to them, making Yusuf punch Farjaad's shoulder.

"Farjaad..." He warned, done with his friend. "Stop wasting time." And with that, he put his headphones on and ignored Farjaad, who was trying his best to instigate further. Yusuf simply closed his eyes and focused on his workout, whilst Farjaad experienced a natural cardio trying to understand why the thought of Yusuf potentially being interested in Umeed bothered him.

-

Umeed opened the freezer, getting out the beg of frozen strawberries.

Today the sun was out. It was still cold, but the sunlight was a great excuse for her to make a cold smoothie to start her day off.

Two slices of bread were in the toaster, the strawberry jam already on the counter waiting for the toast.

Just as she closed the freezer, her phone rang. It was too early for anyone but Saveira to be calling. But Umeed smirked when she saw that it was actually her newly found colleague that was ringing her.

"Hello?" She placed the beg of frozen strawberries next to the blender, closing the freezer and walking over to the toaster.

"Hi, disturb tou nahi kiya?" Umeed checked the toaster, there were still a few seconds left.