I go down, controlling my speed and following the boy in white around the corner. I press the accelerator all the way down, speed up dramatically as we approach another corner, flicking my visor down as I do so. I break slightly and go round the corner, accelerating as I get round.

I overtake the boy in front, almost making contact as I go round him. We fight for the position constantly as we go round and round the circuit. I force him into the barriers slightly when he purposefully swerves in front of me. He hits the barriers, and it takes him a few seconds to get back into it.

I overtake all the other people on the track, lapping them multiple times. I even lap the boy from earlier. He is now behind me, and is getting closer and closer as he goes dangerously fast round the corners.

He makes contact with the back of my kart, making me spin slightly into the barriers right in front of where Lando is sat. I stick my middle finger up to the boy as he drives past and shout some swear words at him. No one can hear though since my voice is muffled by my helmet and the sound of engines drains out my voice.

After fifteen minutes, the checkered flag gets waved and we pull into the pits for the end of the first session. I get out of my kart, making eye contact with the boy, before walking towards the viewing area where Lando is.

He is stood next to the railings, resting his elbows on the metal rail. I pull myself up onto the railing, coming face to face with Lando.

"You alright? How did you find it?" He asks, flicking my visor up and looking me in my eyes. I sigh, while shaking my head slightly, anger glinting in my eyes.

"He kept pushing me." I state, looking over at where the boy is stood. He is stood with his friend, and is smirking at me. He has taken his helmet off, his sweaty hair hanging just above his eyes.

"Push him back." Lando states, unbuckling my helmet for me. I pull it off my head and hold it in my hand after taking my balaclava off.

"I'm going to talk to him." I say angrily, stuffing my balaclava into my helmet, holding it by the strap, jumping off the ledge and walking over to him.

"Emilie." Lando calls after me, walking behind, to make sure I don't do anything stupid. I ignore him, stopping in front of the boy, our bodies inches away. He looks down at me, an annoying smirk plastered on his gorgeous face.

"What's up your ass, Barlow?" He asks, taking a slight pause before saying my last name. I stare at him in anger, glancing down at his hip where his name is stitched into his race suit.

"You are, Michaels." I state, pushing my finger into his chest, forcing him to take a small step backwards. He looks down at me, a slight look of mischief in his eyes.

"But guess who got fastest lap time." I add. He looks at the screen behind me and his face drops from a smirk to a look of anger and slight sadness.

"I'll have you next round." He says, before turning around and walking away. I scoff slightly before walking over to Lando who is stood a few feet away. He was watching the whole interaction, to make sure everything was ok.

"You alright?" He asks, laughing slightly and sitting down on the chair he was sat on while I was racing.

"Yeah. Just some dick who thinks he's better than me." I state, sitting in the chair next to Lando and leaning back.

"Here, I got you a lucozade, the red sport one. Everyone likes that one." He says, handing me the cold, plastic bottle. I take it and drink some. It's tastes so good.

About twenty minutes later, we get called back into the karts for the final fifteen minute session. I get into my kart, and pull out of the pit lane. I'm first, and Michaels is way at the back so hopefully he won't interfere with my driving.