⚜ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

you just nodded silently, the whole time it was just qin shi and Jiaxin talking. 

you got done with your dinner, you barely ate much but you stood up as you ordered the servants to take it away. 

before exiting the room with your handmaid, you suddenly felt yourself turn around now youre face to face with qin shi. you knew he was the strongest but you never seen it yourself.

"you really just going to leave without saying a word? are you mad?" his face got closer to yours, there was only inches left until your lips touched, his fierce eyes looked at you holding eye contact. one thing you know about him is that whenever he talks with someone he always needs to maintain eye contact, its a must.

in the corner of your eye, Jiaxin was glaring at you with steam coming off at the top of her head. She came towards qin shi side and wrapped her arm around his arm pushing her boobs against it.

she pouted her pretty lips and looked up at his tall figure with her bright eyes, "qin shii... arent you going to spend the night with me in my chambers today..?" she grinded against him, "im new, so cant this be a welcoming gift.?" 

you looked at him for his response but, he looked troubled picking between you and her. he looked at you for help, you just sighed. 

"i see youre going to spend the night with her tonight, wish you two a good night." with that saying, you walked away with your handmaids following you.

"my empress, shouldnt you be concerned?"

"shes already acting like she owns this place!"

"whats wrong with her? doesnt she know who shes talking to!?"

their ramblings went on, you slowly raised up your hand which shushed them. you turned around, and gave them a soft smile. 

"i thank you guys for worrying about me, but i trust the emperor and so should you. she is a concubine, after all every emperor needs a few concubines right? its nothing to worry about."

they lowered their head in shame, "we're sorry, empress!" 

you forgave them, and let them dress you to bed. which seems bigger now... you looked at the empty side and felt sad.

you hope that he wouldnt change. 

negative.

weeks later, you see a change in qin shi and also with yourself.

he smiles brighter, seems happier, but only around her. he never smiled like that around you even when yall spend years together. 

and you, you've been having mild fevers along with vomiting every morning. Qin Shi had noticed, and called the imperial doctor over. 

they checked your pulse, eyes widening with shock.

"Emperor! congratulations on a heir!" 

you were happy, excited to have a child with him! maybe this child will fix you two's relationship. you smiled mentally in your head, you turned to look at qin shi and it wasnt good.

he told the servants to get out to give you two some privacy, his voice was calm but deadly.

once they all ran out in fear, he turned towards you with his head looking like its going to explode.

 "who is it?"

you tilted your head to the side slightly in confusion, what does he mean?

"what do you mean?"

"dont play stupid with me, we havent made love together in almost 4 months and now youre suddenly pregnant after we've tried for so long?"

you got up in anger, did he really think you cheated on him!? you spent all your hours in ONE CHAIR, meetings, tea parties, politics, how would you have any time to meet up with another guy??