"Thus ending her hangover!" judging from the way she smiled when she said it, Bose absolutely could not tell if Chapa was joking.

"C'mon, be serious," he moved to place the oil back under the sink, but she took it before he had the chance. He sighed, gesturing towards the bottle "She'd never drink anything that color anyways,"

Chapa grabbed the mug, emptying the contents of the bottle into it. It was a sickly blue color, as if boiled jolly ranchers or a melted slushy, "Yeah but she'll never know what she's drinking if it's in this-"

"No no no," Bose quickly shook his head, "I don't like this, even if you're joking,"

"Ok, alright," Chapa sighed as she placed the cup back down on the counter, "Fine, hand me another cup and I'll actually make one,"

"Thank you," Bose found another mug, an identical one funnily enough, and handed it to Chapa, "I'm gonna head to her room and see if she's awake,"

Chapa waved him off, grabbing some pepper and hot sauce. Bose decided it was better not to ask questions as he walked away.

Bose couldn't deny the small amounts of dread bubbling in his stomach as he trudged up the steps and headed for the girl's bedroom. He knocked on the door lightly, and it slowly opened with a slight creak as it did.

"Yeah, come in," a small voice chirped from inside. The girl seemed to be in an odd middle ground between being awake and being asleep that being hungover seems to do to you. She pressed a water bottle against her forehead, barely glancing over at Bose.

"Uhm, so, we're making you a hangover cure, do you want anything else?" Bose hummed quietly, lingering in the doorway.

She smiled, "You're too sweet Bosey,"

"Please don't call me that,"

She ignored him, "I've missed you, ya know?"

"I, uhm," Bose shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another, "I'm guessing you don't need anything other than the cure..?"

"No, Justin helped pick up before he headed home,"

Bose nodded awkwardly, "Cool, cool. He seems.. nice?"

"He's alright," the girl sighed, "But you were so much better,"

"We broke up two months ago. I thought we both moved on-"

She giggled, "Oh please, you and I both know neither of us have moved on,"

Bose furrowed his eyebrows, confused, "You're literally dating a new guy?"

"That was a ploy to make you jealous," she smiled, "And clearly it worked because here you are,"

"No, I'm just here because I felt bad," Bose shook his head quickly, "So I mean if you don't need anything-" he cut himself off as he recognized the sound the steps from those familiar doc martens creeping up behind him. He didn't even need to turn around to know Chapa was directly behind him as her angry presence was enough to slice through with a knife.

Although weirdly enough, she didn't say anything right away. There was a brief awkward silence as she took in the scene, looking between the two of them.

"Hm, looks like I'm interrupting something," she said finally. She held up the mug, before suddenly hissing in a quick breath, "Actually I think I forgot a really important ingredient. I'll be back,"

She spun on her heels and turned out the door. Just like that, Chapa was gone. Bose immediately missed her as he turned to face the girl still in the bedroom, who seemed unimpressed, "If she's your plan to make me jealous I promise it's not working,"