This got everyone nervous when it crawls up to the ceiling.

Boimler: (Nervous.) Oh god. Not a normal dog.

Mariner: Wake me up if it turns into something I need to care about...

Mariner goes to sleep and when the dog got close to YN who was still snoring, he aims his phaser at the dog's head.

YN: (Sleep talk.) Don't even think about it.... (Snores)

the creature turns back into dog and whimpers before it backs away from the phaser.

Time skip to next day

There has been a mission where admiral Syltrack selected an elite team from the Cerritos. Captain Freeman, Ransom, and Shaxs who are selected to join on a important mission with the rest of elite. In the mean time, the Cerritos will receive a transfer of command to a visiting captain. In other words, a transfer captain will take the command until the mission is completed. Right now we see Mariner, Boimler, and YN at their sleeping hall.

Mariner: (Groan.) Visiting captain? No! So lame.

Boimler: I figured you'd love a break from our usual guys.

YN: I know I do, Shaxs been throwing a lot of heavy training at new security recruits. Can't see how bad it'd be for the transfer captain taking over.

Mariner: You're missing the point. Sub caps never know what their doing. They're all like "Buffer the phase coils." And we're like, "What are you talking about?"

Boimler: What are you talking about?

Mariner: I don't want some babysitter Jellico-type hovering over us when we're already going to a bog planet, which is like the worst kind of planets, as far as planets go.

YN: That's what you're babbling about? We're starfleet, this is what we do. Go somewhere where there's a this line of danger and peaceful. Bogs can't be danger than any other.

Mariner: That's how you see it.

Boimler: Bogs are actually fascinating. Did you know that the spore count can-

Mariner: I don't want to know about a bog! Its a gross word for a gross place.

Boimler: Well you're being unscientific.

YN: Plus you do danger stuff every time.

Mariner: That's different.

YN: No, its not.

Just then, Tendi's "Dog" pass by and transform into a cube.

Boimler: Anyway, I'm into it

Boimler: Anyway, I'm into it. We get to rub shoulders with the visiting crew, maybe impress another captain.

Mariner: Oh, you're just excited to kiss a whole new butt, aren't you?