Ch 21 Ahil waits for Hiya !

However, upon seeing Ahil in the room and staring at her, she still felt a shiver down her spine. Despite her efforts to shake off the fear, the mere presence of Ahil continued to have an unsettling effect on her. Her body got stiff and she seemed uncomfortable, and upon sensing her fear, Ahil decided to leave the room, giving her some space to breath in relief.

As he descended the stairs, he noticed Hiya's efforts to freshen up. After quickly combing her hair, she applied a light layer of vermillion, followed by a subtle nude-coloured lipstick. She was about to put on earrings when she remembered that her ears were injured due to Ahil's forceful actions and her hands paused in mid-air. The reminder of the injuries caused by Ahil made Hiya freeze. The conflicting emotions within her intensified as she continued to prepare herself, caught between the desire to look presentable for the upcoming celebration and the painful memories associated with Ahil's actions.

She desperately wanted to erase the memory of that scene from her mind and decided to shut her eyes tight, blocking out the haunting images. After a brief moment, a maid knocked on the gate, announcing, "Ma'am, sir is waiting for you downstairs for breakfast."

"Yes, I'm coming. You can go downstairs," Hiya responded, rising from the dressing table and acknowledging the maid's message.

Determined to put on a brave face, Hiya chose to focus on the present moment and the upcoming celebration, leaving the disturbing memories behind. She took a deep breath, steeled herself, and wears the rest of jewellery leaving her earring and nose As she slid bangles, necklace, watch, etc,.

On the other hand, the maid was pleased by the conversation with Hiya, descended the stairs with a genuine smile on her face. Her demeanour reflected a sense of contentment, likely drawn from the positive interaction she had with the new mistress.

Upon Ahil's arrival downstairs, he was visibly restless and couldn't wait to hear about Hiya. His impatience prompted him to question the maid eagerly, seeking information about what Hiya had said or communicated. "What did your new madam say?" expressed a mix of anticipation and curiosity. The maid, smiling warmly, assured Ahil that Hiya would be arriving soon and took a moment to praise Hiya, mentioning that she found the new mistress to be genuinely nice and agreeable.

Reassured by the maid's positive feedback, Ahil was left to contemplate the upcoming meeting with Hiya, wondering about the dynamics that would unfold between them. The atmosphere in the house seemed charged with anticipation as a smile unknowingly made its way to his lips.
-------------
After few minutes of wait, Hiya appeared and descending down with a grace she took her seat, settling into the chair opposite to Ahil. As soon as she was seated, Ahil initiated the breakfast, signalling the start of the meal. And the atmosphere in the room, charged with a blend of anticipation and curiosity, began to shift as they both engaged in the routine act of sharing a meal. The clinking of utensils and occasional exchanges of glances hinted at an unspoken connection between them, leaving the air tinged with a sense of underlying tension.

Breakfast unfolded as a subtle yet significant chapter in their evolving dynamic, setting the stage for further interactions and unfolding events between Ahil and Hiya. The unspoken dialogue between them continued, leaving room for the complexities of their shared awkwardness to gradually surface.

Ahil was diligently having his breakfast, but his attention seemed more directed towards Hiya than his own plate. Every time he glanced into her eyes, he found himself reminded of the girl with the short, jagged hair, innocent eyes and soul who had haunted his thoughts from past few months. However, estimating whether Hiya was the same girl proved challenging, as Hiya's hair was undeniably beautiful compared to the girl he remembered.

Observing the strands of hair cut in a stepped style, Ahil couldn't help but think to himself, "That means if the girl had long hair, would she look just like Hiya?"

Lost in contemplation about the girl from that night, Ahil suddenly realized he hadn't actually eaten anything from his plate. His gaze shifted from his thoughts to the untouched food in front of him, prompting him to refocus on the present moment and the breakfast he had been neglecting. But then with the unsettling feelings he lost the appetite to eat and Ahil abandoned his breakfast before moving to the chair next to Hiya.

As he took a seat close to her, Hiya's visible trembling intensified. Although Ahil appeared normal at the moment, to her, he still carried the same monstrous image that had inflicted pain throughout the night.

In this moment, there was truly no difference between Utkarsh and Ahil. Both might apply a soothing balm after causing pain, yet that balm couldn't heal the fear embedded in her heart. The physical wounds might find relief with ointment, but the terror lingering in her soul remained untouched, creating an unbridgeable gap between them.

The atmosphere was thick with unspoken tension, the silent struggles of Hiya juxtaposed against Ahil's attempts to mend the damage he had unknowingly caused. The room echoed with the palpable weight of their own inner conflicts, leaving both of them entangled in a complex dance of emotions.

Hiya was feeling terrified by Ahil’s closeness and she paused on her way to eat as well. Her inside were trembling and she desperately wishes for him to get distanced from her. When Ahil failing to read her evidently fearful body language, draws a knife and spreads jam and butter over the bread surface and making it a sandwich of it tosses toward her mouth.

Her eyes squinted at him and brows inwardly arched contemplating why he was acting like this out of the blue. When he insists her on having the jam and butter sandwich and she hesitantly declines. But he kept on putting pressuring on her to eat while she in between of gently declining felt outraged and pushes his hand away. He was almost stuffing it inside her mouth forcefully making her feel overwhelmed with his bipolar attitude and left for her room running.